Rainforest Challenge Malaysia

mazafaka

Hello everybody :)

Ten years ago I looked into pictures of that yellow L200 on Rainforest Challenge (was made by some famous photographer FENUI for Russian '4x4 Club' Magazine) and imagined how I tune my car once in the future. It looked moderately changed and ready for the ride, I decided to make one for myself.

Were there 35'' tires on it?

I am repairing old Russian SUV, maximal tires' diameter for its axles is 35'' and I think I will have to buy another gearbox with lower ratios because of small engine and situation that with heavy cargo and water in the clutch the car just stops.

This UAZ I currently repair is pretty robust for standard tires which are 30'' in diameter (it can tow heavy things and can take about 1-1.5 tons while its weight is about 1.6 ton), and short as Jeep Wrangler and pretty lightweight, it is actually its best quality and benefit.

I plan to add roll cage and eliminate the rust, lift the body about 3'', change wheel arcs a bit, arrange some tools (electric air compressor, 160 liters per minute, in water-resisting supermarket packet, coffee pot with long wire and gasoline blow lamp for winter engine runs, tools, and straps, block and shackles in plastic box) under the bonnet and mount some huge battery (190 Ah, 50 kg, 20''x10''x10'') right back of the rear axle in the frame, and put 35x12.5 tires. Will have to weld up some protection for standard fuel tanks (2x40 liters, 9''x9''x40'') located at standard place.
3d29388s-960.jpg
attachment.php

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
Hello everybody :)

Ten years ago I looked into pictures of that yellow L200 on Rainforest Challenge (was made by some famous photographer FENUI for Russian '4x4 Club' Magazine) and imagined how I tune my car once in the future. It looked moderately changed and ready for the ride, I decided to make one for myself.

Were there 35'' tires on it?

Those were 32". The front end of the L200 can't handle anything larger than 32". 32" was already pushing it and had to replace a couple of CVs.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles