Trailer conversion/build advise needed

Brazos609

Observer
I have a 6'x10' enclosed Pace trailer that I was rolled. It broke one hub off the axle and crushed in one back corner and kinda pushed the whole box out of whack. I have been thinking of skinning it to build an offroad trailer and inboarding the wheels while I am at it to narrow the overall width from 8' down to about 6'6" while I am at it. I need a 4'x7' minimum interior floor space to fit a fullsize 4-wheeler inside. I would have that space inside the inboarded wheelwells plus extra space on each side in front of and behind the wheelwells. I borrowed these mid-build pics from StumpXJ's build thread to edit to give you an idea. His was a 5'x8' but the frame construction is the same material. I would also take off the front corners like he did effectively increasing the tongue length.

ChangesFromBack.JPG

ChangesFromFront.JPG

The red lines indicate the frame area that will be removed and the yellow lines indicate new 2"x3" rectangular tubing, I figure 3/16" wall, that will be welded in place. The lengthwise runs will go all the way from the rear to the front and will be where the new axle hangers will be attached.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94