Colt Army .38

phxtoad

Adventurer
I've been eyeing wheel guns lately and decided to pick up one. My local gun shop had this for a fair price and I couldn't resist.

IMG_3745.jpg

IMG_3741.jpg

IMG_3748.jpg

It was manufactured in 1920 and still shoots wonderfully. It locks up tightly and the trigger is nice and smooth. Not bad for being 92 years old I figure.

LACamper

Adventurer
Nice. My dad has the .32 s&w long version (made by colt but chambered in .32 s&w long caliber for clarity...). Great gun, accurate and reliable. Not too heavy either.

That one looks like its in nice condition. If you paid less than $350 you did great.

phxtoad

Adventurer
I put 50 rounds downrange at lunch today. 200 total by me now. I'm still really impressed at how silky smooth it shoots... :)

phxtoad

Adventurer
Shoot straight? Of course not!

The barrel is rotated (loose) approx. a half a degree or so. The gunsmith where I picked it up gently tightened the barrel, but it loosened back to it's current position after 50 rds and seems content there. It hasn't budged since. I just keep the front site a touch to the right and I have had good groupings, where I want them. OK by me.

Dirtytires

Explorer
My dad did not realize how much his was off until he was shooting at a coyote and shot his prized Goose. Poor Gooser.
Makes a great conversation piece...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles