Well, at long last I got myself a new truck. I really had my heart set on another old Suburban, but the situation called for a new vehicle, and fast. Lucky for me, I came across this little gem. No, it's not mint, but for $550, I really can't complain.
Knowing me, I can't wait to dig into it. I've got a lot of things to clean up on it, but overall it's looking pretty well maintained, minus the fact that it's loud enough to make a dragster cringe. I chose the 4 door model because of one crucial fact. It's easier to take a baby in and out. The only 2 door vehicle I'd buy would be a full-sized Blazer or Jimmy (Or Ramcharger if I could find one). I've had my fill of trying to get into the backs of cars. Getting into the back of an SUV I'd be able to do, purely for the fact I could stand up to do it...
I've heard that the small S10/S15 vehicles have a pretty good reputation for being tough and reliable, however I haven't seen many used for Expo, and I'm a bit curious why that is.
I'm thinking of a relatively mild build, hoping to fit some 33" BFG ATs under it with a minimal lift. Does anyone know how wide you can go with a set of 33's on a S10/S15? The 33x9.5 I saw on one just look really skinny.
Now for the pictures:
Not too bad of rust for a WI native vehicle...
Could use a new center console, or just a new hinge. Depends if I can find a better use for the space...
If anyone has some ideas for building on the backseat but making it removable for putting a baby seat in when we need it, I'm all ears.
Kinda a crappy picture, but looks like space is going to be one commodity that will be in very short supply...
Found this nifty little built-in shelf under the dash. Not quite sure what to do with it yet.
So today I finally got the chance to take a look under it more in-depth. (It was one of those weeks last week) Found out why it's so loud. Not only does it need a new muffler, it doesn't even have one at the moment. After where the pipes join together, the pipe ends. Further down the line, the part I thought was the most amusing, the final bracket is still holding the end of the tail pipe. There's a big gap of nothing in between. No cat, no muffler, no pipe to speak of. So it looks like I have my first real step here.
Input, questions, etc. welcome. Helps get the creative juices flowing.