Questions... Off Road Teardrop or Off Road Tent Top???

JPK

Explorer
I think that is where I am headed on mine. Was looking for someone to build a set up specifically for it, but really not having any luck on that yet.

I have several popups with sides, I would like to have one that fit the trailer for the driver side door on the next trailer though.

I have seen a teardrop (can't remember who's) that had "canvas" panels between the rear hatch and the trailer body. That would provide some wind and rain protection for someone cooking, at least as long as the rain was quartering too or head on to the trailer. The canvas was just folded in when the rear hatch was closed. For real protection, I think either a tarp strung between trees or one of the gazebos like jim65wagon shows is the easiest way to go, and provides protection for the dinner table as well.

On my trailer the Hannibal awning's three sided enclosure has an added fourth (back) side with a door to match the trailer door. The back wall of the Hannibal RTT has had a door added to match the trailer door as well.

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
In honesty I have one very similar. A&E made them years ago. Mine is like new, may take it off the old van and have a look at it. Wrong colors but it could work, I think it is a little longer than the trailer though, maybe the reason I decided not to use it.

Most likely will go with the pop ups, I have room to carry a couple if need be.

STREGA

Explorer
I use a 10x15 Easi-up that I put over the teardrop. It keeps the TD cool in the sun and provides enough protection for the kitchen and getting in and out of the cabin when it rains.

So-Cal TD has a cover that goes over the rear hatch/kitchen. Camp-In TD has the side protectors for the rear hatch IIRC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz