2000 Ext Cab Silverado Z71 - New to me expedition vehicle

lam396

Adventurer
Looking good! What size tires are you running? Did you get the Zone body lift? How do you like it? It seems to be a really clean look and I have been thinking about one for my 02. Where did you pick the tow mirrors up from?

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Excellent :Wow1:upgrades Dylon. Biltsein shocks are the best going for the money, or at least I think so...:ylsmoke:
I installed some 5150s on my truck and they make a HUGE difference!:)

dy_lon

Observer
Looks solid, you have done well for yourself!

Thanks!

Excellent :Wow1:upgrades Dylon. Biltsein shocks are the best going for the money, or at least I think so...:ylsmoke:
I installed some 5150s on my truck and they make a HUGE difference!:)

With the torsion key lift, I think they sure do help.

Looking good! What size tires are you running? Did you get the Zone body lift? How do you like it? It seems to be a really clean look and I have been thinking about one for my 02. Where did you pick the tow mirrors up from?

Tires are a 305-70-17. Yes on the 1.5" zone body lift -- pretty easy to install. My tahoe had a 3" which I liked when I needed to work on it, but hated the appearance from the side. I like how this body lift is very subtle. The tow mirrors are from Ebay--Option Racing, I believe. But be warned, I am not happy with the mirrors. I purchased a set for my 95 tahoe and they were fantastic. The set on this truck, from the same manufacture have limited adjustability and dont feel as heavy duty as the ones on my tahoe.

I thought I may have got a bad set, so I returned them and recieved the exact same disapointment. They will work for now until I find something better.

Nice truck and good choice on the mods!
Thanks!

Lookin good

Thanks!

Balzer

Adventurer
Looks great!
If you could please I would like more info on that soft top, I wasnt aware that besttop made one for pickups. I have seen the canback tops in person and while Very nice are really spendy.

General Automag

Adventurer
So far I have:

Body lifted the truck 1.5"
Installed Lift torsion keys
Installed the Bestop Bed cover
Factory fender flares
Painted the grille
Performed maintenance on the truck
Installed the tow mirrors
Shocks

Still to install:

Front bumper and winch
CB stuff
Front auxillary lighting
Backup lights

Need to:

Get it tagged!!
Go on some trips!!

What body lift did you install, what was the cost, and was it a PITA or an easy install? Tx!

dy_lon

Observer
I installed the 1.5" zone body lift. I had it installed by myself in a few hours. Very easy to install. Only issue I had was one body mount bolt is still broke in the body.

Update on the truck and life.

Right now I am having some OD shifting issues. Truck wont shift into 4th gear. Im going to be swapping out the 2 solenoids and pulling out the servo to clean in that area. I am wondering if the trans got some debris in the 2-3 servo and 4th gear hold servo when i changed the trans filter, pan and cooler. I hope this will fix it.

I wasnt able to take our planned Moab trip due to starting a new job soon. I hope to go next march, or sooner. I will keep updating this thread for my build.

Right now I have picked up a few other items waiting to be installed..High lift 48" extreme and some hi lift accesories, Midland 75-822 radio, winch bumper, front hellas, back up lights.

I will keep updating this thread for my build.

Dylan

Last edited:

dy_lon

Observer
Fixed the OD issue! Changed both shift solenoids and stroked the servo a few times. I dont know if it was debris or what, but i have 4th gear. I will be swapping out the servo with the better "vette" servo in a coupel weeks. I hope to install the bumper at that time and take some more photos.

-Dylan

gmcpimpin

Observer
Hey nice truck, giving me ideas for mine. I have a 2002 Ex cab Z71 like yours in gray. So far I put a bigger transmission cooler, KYB steering stabilizer and did the suburban brake upgrade too it, I also have a set of GK torsion bars which should give me a bit of lift. Keep the pictures coming!

dy_lon

Observer
Update! Bumper installed!

Some cell phone picks of the bumper installed. I have not welded up the "prerunner bar" yet. Maybe next month when I get moved into our new house.
Pics:
photo 5.jpgphoto 3.jpgphoto 1.jpg

Ill try to get some better pics within the next few days.

General Automag

Adventurer
Hey nice truck, giving me ideas for mine. I have a 2002 Ex cab Z71 like yours in gray. So far I put a bigger transmission cooler, KYB steering stabilizer and did the suburban brake upgrade too it, I also have a set of GK torsion bars which should give me a bit of lift. Keep the pictures coming!

What's the "Suburban brake upgrade"?

dy_lon

Observer
The SUV's have dual piston rear calipers, I believe. Also the 05' + have a large front brake setup but you must ahve a 17" wheel. The SUV brake upgrade is on my list. Google search " Silverado rear suv brakes" and "silverado budget brake ." Id post the link to the other site, but being that it is another forum, i am not sure if that is appropriate.

Thanks,

-Dylan

dy_lon

Observer
Bumper looks awesome! Hope the Midland is treating you well :)

Thanks for the comments. The handheld is great. I brag about it to anyone that asks. I actually broke the car adapter today when it fell under my seat and i scooted the seat forward. Do you have a adapter you can send for a trade off of some nice, high quality pics of it installed?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior