M416 Build by RocketmanDane

• Thread starter Deleted member 43491
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 43491

Update: Pictures to follow!
#1 I have successfully road tested My trailer over the last week or so on road, off road and through one H#ll of a trailer park(Abandoned trailer park with some serious ditches, dirt roads, gravel washes, and old backyard to drive over and through :D:D:D:D:D )
#2 Post Road testing I reinspected the whole trailer and discovered as VDBAZFJ had suspected that 2 of the bolts on the axle had come loose even with lock washers. I will be replacing all the bolts with no less then 1/4 -1/2 of a inch past the end on the nuts.
#3 The Tub will be hopefully going in some time this week to have a new Rear welded into place. Details and info on this to follow!
#4 I am still in search of a original pintle eye at a decent price to replace the 1'9/8 ball hitch that the trailer came with....

D

Deleted member 43491

So as you can see I received my trailer back today from the welders!!! I am super happy with the Quality and Craftsmanship of the rear panel repair!!
Next step hopefully in the next couple of days include more minor repairs and cleaning and painting the new rear section!

I would recommend to anyone in the Boise, Mountain Home Area to give a Call to VIC at VORFAB welding (Vic's Off-road and Fabrication) (You can PM me for the number if you cant find it in the phone book) He has reasonable shop rates and even thou he ended up working more hours on my trailer to finish the job then he originally thought, he still stuck with my original full quoted price! He also does many many other custom off-road fabrication, assembly and repair work. Give him a call he is friendly, does some crazy custom work and is definitely good people!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373684374.634079.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373684396.786298.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373684418.272702.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373684435.860842.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1373684450.482449.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles