Craftsman MAX AXESS - socket set

dumolebob

Observer
This "idea" is older than dirt! I had a set from Sears I bought 20 years ago. Called something like "O" socket . Did not have a Craftsman lifetime guarantee. They can be very handy, but the problem was with the ratchet being very weak. Just couldn't take the hard work of a normal socket wrench. I tried to contact the manufacture, but they were out of business so I trashed it.

Hopefully, they are stronger now and Sears will give them their regular guarantee....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mattiep11

Adventurer
Ive got a set of these and the work fine for what i do. i also have a much larger set of wrenches so not having the 1/2" is ok.. they were a b-day gift and on sale for under $50.. so not a bad deal for a compact set

JUNAC

Observer
I purchased this set three weeks ago. The build quality is excellent. It is a compact set with both metric and standard sizes, great for any trail rig. The extensions are pass through as well. There is a small handle and a large handle. It doesn't really go by size like conventional size socket drives (1/4, 3/8, 1/2). I am a Refrigeration Mechanic by trade, they have worked well for me.

PaintRock

Adventurer
A couple of years ago (Christmas 2011) I bought a ton of Craftsman tools. I only bought tools that were made in the USA. I got some smoking deals because Sears was eliminating the "Professional" and "Industrial" lines to standardize to their new made in China stuff. I don't buy any Craftsman stuff anymore. If you want cheap China made stuff, Harbor Freight has similar quality and warranties for less money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94