2004 Dodge/Diesel/Utility Bed/Skamper-Modifications

ToolBox Guy

Adventurer
Hello!

Been hanging around the forum for a while without much to say, and have noticed alot of interest from the full-size guys in using trucks with either flat beds or utility beds.

Well, I have one for you to check out.

This is not as much of a "Build Thread" as it is a photographic documentation of the improvements to my current platform. Also, it will most likely be updated as time allows.......So please be patient. :)

Lets start with a couple poser driveway pics. of the truck, then a couple poser pics. with the camper on, and I will update some photos in a day or two on the Utility bed storage and upgrades. The Skamper mods will probably be in the Pop-up sub forum.

Enjoy.

DSCF6582-rev.JPGDSCF6581-rev.JPGLone pine 2011 033.jpgLone pine 2011 035-rev.JPGSkamper-2.JPG

WCO

It's Lil' Willi
That looks like a perfect start for an awesome build! Can't wait to see more!

ToolBox Guy

Adventurer
Are those the stock 17" steel wheels painted/powdercoated black?

Looks good.
-Chris

Thank You, yes stock 17" steel wheels powder coated black. Cheap and easy.

Wow, NICE!! I've got the same truck and was thinking about the utility bed swap, what brand is yours?

Thanks for all of the compliments...

The bed is a Pacific, they are here in Southern California. Not the best construction, and they didn't quite get the wheel well opening centered up.
Also, the horizontal/middle door could have been a little deeper, meaning closer to the tire, for more storage. You will see what problems this is causing when I start posting camping equipment photos.

SLO_F-250

Explorer
Toolbox,

Again, your rig is sweet! I've been debating on doing a thread on my truck to match the skamper. You might have just motivated me. Looking forward to seeing more picts! :elkgrin:

Paul

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Thought that backdrop looked familiar.

Im originally from Lone Pine :ylsmoke:

Welcome to the site!!

ToolBox Guy

Adventurer
OK, so I have had the truck set up with the utility bed for a few years now. It started as a daily driver/tow rig, like most fullsize trucks do.

When I got wrapped up in competitive rockcrawling/rock-racing, we added the utility bed for Chase/Service/Parts/Repair.

Once that hobby got too expensive, we started to focus the truck and our time towards family camping and exploring.

Like I said, this is not really as much of a build thread as it is some photos of what I carry in the boxes and how we are setting them up to be more useful for camping.

I will start out with a a few shots of the tools that I carry. I can't remember where I came across these nice CLC tool rools, but they are quality and I can fit a complete standard and metric ratchet wrench set in one bag.

DSCF6659.JPGDSCF6660.JPG

ToolBox Guy

Adventurer
I will go backwards here for a second and show what the driver side horizontal drawer has in it at all times.

DSCF6671.JPGDSCF6672.JPG

It is a little tight packed in there and when we are camping, I rarely get into this box, but I have found that most every tool that I want or need to use is probably in there. If I need something more than is in this box, then I either have no business trying to fix the problem or I need a tow truck. :)

I will post some more detailed photos of all the goodies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz