16 MPG

High Center

Adventurer
So I've been driving the disco the 45 miles to work more often than I should. It's just such an easy thing to do- even though I know I should be riding the bike (50+mpg). I just love being in it and I love how good I feel when I get to the shop. Money isn't everything.

All of that to say that I have done some more precise fuel economy figuring and I'm turning in....16MPG. With a roof rack. I'm impressed.

Storz

Explorer
The best my 02 ever got was like 15.4 so, 16 with a roof rack is pretty dang impressive!

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
People always ask what milage to expect from a Rover, and I always reply 15- could be 14, might even be 16, but figure 15 and you won't be far off. Thanks for validating :)

Errant

Explorer
I'm getting the same on my '98 with 3" lift, 245/75/16 BFG AT's, and RTT on top. Not all flat driving, as my commute is about half mountain roads. I was pleasantly surprised :)

Red90

Adventurer
Just be careful using the odometer to determine the distance traveled.... Accuracy and Rover are not words to use together.

DividingCreek

Explorer
I also have a 96. Truck has 94k and engine has about 10k less. I get no where near 16mpg and never have. Is your truck completely stock ?

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
Doug, I get the same on my 90s, Discos, etc- lifted, racks, whatever- never seems to fluctuate more than 14-16. I do run 255s normally, and sometimes 35/10.50s and I think skinny makes a big difference, just my observation.

colvere

Observer
About same

I get about the same with my 99 @128k with rack, starts falling when due for tuneup. I think i also get about the same with my power steering fluid.:bike_rider:

DividingCreek

Explorer
I get 265 max out of tank and I'd better find a station quick then. Thats 13.25. 235/85's with rack and lots of RTE steel(front and rear bumpers and sliders with nerfs) m9000 etc. Defender 130 gets 375-420 miles on same amount of fuel (diesel) with larger tires and a lot more weight. Neither truck is ever "empty" load wise.

Disco has K&N, fresh plugs, fuel filter etc, flowmaster exhaust behind stock cats. Breathes well and is in good tune. Have never hit 14 mpg with that truck.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94