Official Cooper STT thread

WCO

It's Lil' Willi
Looks good, WCO ---- makes me want a topper...
What brand is it? [/hijack.alert]

Hey bud, it's an ARE DCU series. It's an older one, the new ones have larger back windows. New they're around 2500+, I found mine after 6 months of searching for $300......you can find them, just be patient.

Slicky72

Adventurer
I have had these on my truck for the last two or three years in 265/75/16 form. Overall they are a great tire and wear well as long as you remember to rotate . I have had these on rocks , in mud and snow and they were confidence inspiring . On pavement this tire tracks well and is quite bearable noise wise . As stated by another poster they aren't the best option on ice but not bad.
http://

Revyjku08

Love my 33x12.50 STT's have close to 90k km's on my Jeep Wrangler. I am gonna move up to 35's for my next set this spring. They are fantastic on rocks, mud, snow but absolutely horrible on ice!

DSCF6179.jpg

2011_MaraLakeMountain045.jpg

Whipsaw_2010185.jpg

riknkeri

is your truck lifted at all, i have 2002 crew duramax 4x4, gonna put either s/t's or stt's285-70-17 just dont want to much rub. dont do much offroading, love the look of stt but prob go with s/t.

Will Riggs

Observer
I have these in a 33x12.50x15 on my ZJ, absolutely love them so far. They seem to do well for all the local terrain here in Kentucky. Rocks, mud, clay and so on. I only have about 1k miles on them, but they literally look brand new.

Tiki

Observer
I run 295/70R17's on my stock 2004 Silverado and they are a great tire. I'm not overly impressed with their "packed snow with patches of ice" performance, but I'm a harsh critic.

dumprat

Adventurer
I have 35-12.5/15s on my LJ and they work great. Smooth on the highway and dig like crazy on gravel. Work pretty good on smooth rock too.

WCO

It's Lil' Willi
Well it's been a while since I started this thread......30,000K report......

Tires are holding up great, have not had to balance them, and are about half tread depth. They're a tad skittish on frozen roads, but nothing too bad. They live up to their reputation offroad, and couldn't be happier. Road noise has increased slightly, but not obnoxious. I live where there is a lot of granite (sharp) and sand stone (very abrasive) and they've held up nicely.

All this being said, think I am going to go back to my stock wheels with a 285-75-16 as I'd like more sidewall. Will get some pics up when I get a chance. - WCO

I just had my STT's siped yesterday, after a morning of unplowed snowy road sliding all over. This morning we had same situation, but not as much snow, the siping seemed to work amazing. Much better traction.

jsb223

ADV Rookie
I found a great deal on a stock sized set at Pep Boys online.
By ordering in the store there was no shipping cost.
Being 10ply tires they were a PITA to change with my manual HF changer.
The BFG AT's they replaced were ALWAYS sliding around on the wet pavement.
These tires have never slid.

I did a couple of extractions out of a field of central Texas black gumbo.
One was a Subaru and was easy.
The other was an old silverado sunk to the axles.
I had to get the RPM's up to get the tires to bite
but it came out much easier than I thought.
I would have never budged it with the BFG's.

:truck:

These are real mud tires.
Only time will tell how long they will last.

Last edited:

Co-opski

Expedition Leader
snip....
The BFG AT's they replace were ALWAYS sliding around on the wet pavement.
These tires have never slid.

snip....

I joined the club, also replaced BFG ATs kept them in the 235/85 r16 flavor. Only had them on for a week then put my winter studs on, I will report more in May when I pull them out of storage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94