2004 Hemi Ram 2500

jforse

Observer
Hello all. I recently got rid of both of my Jeeps. My TJ was on 35's with a LCOG. It was my trail runner. I also got rid of my 98 5.9 Grand Cherokee that was setup as an expedition rig. They have both been replaced by my new Ram 2500. I'm in the process of collecting parts to make this a multipurpose rig.

So far I have done normal maintenance. Oil change, transmission oil and filters change, new plugs.

Current parts in hand and not installed:

Superchips Cortex programmer
Volant cool air intake
08-up Steering upgrade
2.5" Leveling kit
Bilstiens shocks
TopGunCustomz track bar
305/65r18 BFG a/t E rated tires
18" Moto Metal wheels
Stinger Power inverter
Factory fog lights

The plan is to get a soft topper and make a removable false floor for an air mattress to camp.
I'm currently looking for a winch mount like Mopar uses in the Power Wagon. Does anyone know where I can get one?

jforse

Observer
photo.jpg

Here is the rig all cleaned up.

poriggity

Explorer
Nice truck.. Most mopar accessories dealer can get you the powerwagon winch mount.. I wish it would work on my diesel, but no such luck.
Scott

jforse

Observer
Looks like I scored. Another member on here is selling me his Power Wagon winch mount!!! This forum kicks ***!

JayT

305/65r18 BFG a/t E rated tires
18" Moto Metal wheels
Stinger Power inverter
Factory fog lights

The plan is to get a soft topper and make a removable false floor for an air mattress to camp.

First off, nice truck, mine is very similar except its silver. Tell me where did you find the OEM fog lights? I am looking for a set of those for my truck now, I noticed I have what looks like the wiring harness under there I just need lights. Also nice clean truck, do you intend to keep it looking as stock as possible? I'll be watching this build for sure.

jforse

Observer
First off, nice truck, mine is very similar except its silver. Tell me where did you find the OEM fog lights? I am looking for a set of those for my truck now, I noticed I have what looks like the wiring harness under there I just need lights. Also nice clean truck, do you intend to keep it looking as stock as possible? I'll be watching this build for sure.

I picked up my fog lights from ebay. Yes I'm trying to keep it look stock. How you see it above will be how it stays for the most part.

jforse

Observer
Well I'm a little pissed at my truck right now. While doing front brakes we realized the upper ball joints were shot. So if you going to do uppers might as well do lowers! ($230 MOOG) In the process of tearing the truck down we could not get the damn wheel bearing off of this thing. We even used the trick where you stick a bolt in the wheel bearing and use the trucks power steering to brake it loose. That was a no go. Had to beat them off with a 5lbs sledge. ($440 Timken bearings) After the axle shafts were pulled we found a bad passenger u-joint. Might as well do the driver side as well. ($100 new joints) I had picked up the 08-up steering upgrade when I bought the truck from the dealer. ($350 Mopar) While trying to pull the old pitman off the steering box I broke one puller and then with the second pitman the output shaft of the steering gear broke.($600 Mopar) None of the auto parts store has a replacement and they will not take my old gear as exchange since the shaft is broke. It would have been almost $500 for a autoparts store rebuilt unit. At this point what is another $100 to have a brand new one.

So if your keeping track;

Front end parts $1720
Bilstien Shocks $350
Level kit $100
Wheel/tires $2000
Fog lamps $130
PW winch mount $150
Superchips $360
Floor mats $200
Radio $230
Speakers $350
Intake $250
Headlamps $100
Brakes $600

Total to date----> $6540.00 OUCH!!

I still need to change dif fluid and t-case fluid. Swap in new plugs and get an alignment. Looks like I wont be getting a soft topper or camper this year, and the truck has been in the garage for the last month!

Halligan

Adventurer
Well the good news is the front end will be good to go for awhile after that. Also the truck looks good. FWIW, I've decided when my ball joints go I'll replace them with Carli joints which are supposed to be real durable. As for the front wheel bearings I'm leaning toward a free spin kit when the time comes. That should save a little in the MPG department and be a more serviceable. Neither upgreade is cheap but hopefuly it will be a one time upgrade.

jforse

Observer
I looked into the Carli joints but they are far too expensive. As well as the free spin kit. They are nice quality pieces but not needed on my rig. Lifetime replacement warranty on the joints is good for me!

jforse

Observer
WTB: Power Wagon Winch

I need to pick up a Ram Power Wagon factory winch or Warn M12000. I already have the mount.

xdbx

Adventurer
IIRC, a 15000 or 16.5 will also fit. Just remember to spool it in the right way since the fairlead is opposite of most mounts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior