Thread: best way to stop pilling on fleece?

Default best way to stop pilling on fleece?

I'm noticing my ~12 month old arcteryx fleece is starting to get some SERIOUS pilling going on - whats the best type of trimmer or whatever you guys have used? I don't want to drestroy the jacket in the process haha

Pilling is a sign that you're actually wearing your fleece! Too many people buy gear for the bling factor and don't really work it. I wouldn't shave the pilling.

I stopped buying the old style fleece and only buy the windstopper soft shell type now. No pilling and I find them better in almost every way.

Not that that helps you, I would just wear it until it has no more life to give you.
    Thanks, Matt

71 Blazer "It's a labor of love"

My Website

Pilling is just a fact of life with fleece (I have some fleece stuff that is 20 years old now but still useable) , worry about something important instead .I agree with going the wind-stopper route where possible.
    John H.

There are fabric shavers that will remove the pilling. I have one and it works very well.

http://www.oreck.com/Oreck-Deluxe-El...FUmMtgod2wk06Q
    Mike El Paso,TX
    Gentleman Adventure
    "Ich dien"

1985 FJ-60
    1977 FJ-40
    M416
    2005 Ural Gear Up
    2013 Porsche Cayenne 6spd

Travel Blog www.badlandsexpeditions.wordpress.com

http://elpasooverlandgroup.wordpress.com

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. George Orwell