Thread: best way to stop pilling on fleece?

Default best way to stop pilling on fleece?

I'm noticing my ~12 month old arcteryx fleece is starting to get some SERIOUS pilling going on - whats the best type of trimmer or whatever you guys have used? I don't want to drestroy the jacket in the process haha

Pilling is a sign that you're actually wearing your fleece! Too many people buy gear for the bling factor and don't really work it. I wouldn't shave the pilling.

I stopped buying the old style fleece and only buy the windstopper soft shell type now. No pilling and I find them better in almost every way.

Not that that helps you, I would just wear it until it has no more life to give you.
    Thanks, Matt

71 Blazer "It's a labor of love"

My Website

Pilling is just a fact of life with fleece (I have some fleece stuff that is 20 years old now but still useable) , worry about something important instead .I agree with going the wind-stopper route where possible.
    John H.
    1970 Mercedes Unimog
    2004 F150 Heritage Supercab
    1974 Holiday 17' Travel Trailer
    It's not about the truck and it is not about the distance traveled. Get out there with whatever you have, meet people and see things. Push the envelope of your comfort zone and live.

There are fabric shavers that will remove the pilling. I have one and it works very well.

http://www.oreck.com/Oreck-Deluxe-El...FUmMtgod2wk06Q
    Mike El Paso,TX
    Gentleman Adventure
    "Ich dien"

1985 FJ-60
    1977 FJ-40
    M416
    2005 Ural Gear Up
    2013 Porsche Cayenne 6spd

Travel Blog www.badlandsexpeditions.wordpress.com

http://elpasooverlandgroup.wordpress.com

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. George Orwell