DIESEL 2012 Power Wagon - NOT

Rubicon_Fan

Adventurer
Back when PW came out I have always been a fan. Just recently my father asked me to find him a new truck that we can take on long journeys around N.America. Doing my research i came across this:
dieselPW.jpg

So, first thing I do? Call the dealer. Actually 3. Two of them told me that its a mistake and its a typo on the website, PW only comes with HEMI blah blah blah. When I called the third dealership I specifically asked to speak to their sales manager, where he was polite enough and asked me if he could find out and call me back later. 3 hours later he calls me and offers me a job :ylsmoke: Saying that I was the first person in BC to point out to them that apparently you can order PW with Diesel (6.7 Cummins) now !!!! There is almost no info of this on the net yet, apparently this has been released just few days ago. Thought you guys may like this.

bftank

Explorer
:wings::sombrero::bike_rider::elkgrin::victory::ylsmoke::Wow1::costumed-smiley-007:smiley_drive::drool::):snorkel::chef::coffeedrink::coffee:

yep thats right i used all the smileys!

crismateski

American Adventurist
Back when PW came out I have always been a fan. Just recently my father asked me to find him a new truck that we can take on long journeys around N.America. Doing my research i came across this:
dieselPW.jpg

So, first thing I do? Call the dealer. Actually 3. Two of them told me that its a mistake and its a typo on the website, PW only comes with HEMI blah blah blah. When I called the third dealership I specifically asked to speak to their sales manager, where he was polite enough and asked me if he could find out and call me back later. 3 hours later he calls me and offers me a job :ylsmoke: Saying that I was the first person in BC to point out to them that apparently you can order PW with Diesel (6.7 Cummins) now !!!! There is almost no info of this on the net yet, apparently this has been released just few days ago. Thought you guys may like this.

do you have the bottom half of the image so we can see all the fine print?

Monterorider

Adventurer
It's not. If you actually try to build your PowerWagon using online tool. Only available engine choice is 5.7 HEMI. Of course 6.7L is available as soon as you remove PowerWagon package. :snorkel: You wish. I wished.

Rubicon_Fan

Adventurer
I hate to disappoint buy I just got another phone call saying that IT IS a misprint on their website.
"Hey Sam. This is Kevin from ***** Chrysler. I apologize for the inconvenience.

There was a miscommunication between my dealership and the Chrysler Canada district Zone. The power wagon is still not available yet. It was a mis print on the web site. and this mistake has been confirm by Chrysler itself.

I would really love to earn your business still. My dealership had asked me to inform you about making an inventory cost price on any other vehicle you would like to select as our way to apologize to you."

Kevin

Saiyan66

Adventurer
Im glad to see that it was a misprint considering I have a diesel on order. Don't let the dealer lure you in with that whole, "We will sell you a truck at invoice price, its the best deal ever" line. I negotiated WELL under invoice on my new Dodge from a local dealer that has very little buying power compared to the big guys.

haven

Expedition Leader
"...not available YET."

Hope springs eternal.

I updated the thread title so no one else has a brain aneurysm reading the first post.

78Bronco

Explorer
...but really you could make your own 3500 power wagon by adding a winch, selectable lockers and some in-cab swaybay dis-connects.

Yup...still unobtanium. I once spoke with a Dodge engineer who was working on Ram trucks. He told me that it would have to be a different diesel...still Cummins, perhaps...but a different physical size. They are worried about too much weight and that the Cummins sits too low for a "dedicated" offroad vehicle...clearance issues. Maybe the Italians will warm to the "demand"? :sombrero:

bftank

Explorer
:eek::violent-smiley-031::REOutShootinghunter:campfire::ar15::gunt::smileeek::mixed-smiley-030::costumed-smiley-007

yep that's right used all the smileys that could be percieved as being unhappy with the situation.

dagnabbit!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste