Scrubber3's long overdue build thread

RichardT

Adventurer
In that case I see a very nice alternative to steel cable. Without the sleeves, I wouldn't bother with it.

I agree, I was even willing to do it with blankets or whatever to protect it, but with sleeves available, the synth line is even more appealing

Sent from my iPhone

off-roader

Expedition Leader
See MasterPull or

See MasterPull.com. They make both a regular line as well as a fully sleeved line.

Last edited:

scrubber3

Not really here
Some more pictures m1a.JPGm1b.JPGm1c.JPG Figured I'd clean it up a bit. I'm going to save the trail shots for the picture sticky thread. Notice the bumper has a slight upward angle from the front. I didn't have a reason to do it, that's just how it turned out. Not that I mind. It isn't going to budge and I sure as heck fire do not want to fab up more brackets. Gives it character..

I should be getting the snorkel tomorrow. To be installed by the weekend I hope.:snorkel:

Last edited:

scrubber3

Not really here
Fed EX just dropped a box off that had this in it.:wings: snork.JPG

Should be installed within 2 days pending I get rid of this cold.

scrubber3

Not really here
DEFINITELY WANT A DOCUMENTED INSTALL ON THIS ONE!

I've been contemplating doing the same thing.

This should be much easier than the bumper install I just did. I got it for 160 bucks

EBAY item number 250892695002 hurry though only 4 left. The company is JDM motorparts, so it should be a good quality item. Came with everything for the install including a template and rivets even. Doesn't have instructions though. Here is a link http://www.ebay.com/itm/250892695002?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649.

after I am done with this I will be installing rock sliders and another skid plate. I will probably be done for a while after that.

xkid

Adventurer
Wow! Now it looks even better.Are there many still around?
Some more pictures View attachment 86326View attachment 86327View attachment 86328 Figured I'd clean it up a bit. I'm going to save the trail shots for the picture sticky thread. Notice the bumper has a slight upward angle from the front. I didn't have a reason to do it, that's just how it turned out. Not that I mind. It isn't going to budge and I sure as heck fire do not want to fab up more brackets. Gives it character..

I should be getting the snorkel tomorrow. To be installed by the weekend I hope.:snorkel:

Silverwulf

Adventurer
I wish I had some limb risers as my snorkle had a ...discussion, per say, with a branch, I need a new grill for the inlet :(

scrubber3

Not really here
Wow! Now it looks even better.Are there many still around?

Snorkels? There were 4 last I checked. Click on the link to find out for sure. If you are talking about the bumper, it came off of a Jeep Cherokee. They make them on a daily as far as I know.

off-roader

Expedition Leader
This should be much easier than the bumper install I just did. I got it for 160 bucks

EBAY item number 250892695002 hurry though only 4 left. The company is JDM motorparts, so it should be a good quality item. Came with everything for the install including a template and rivets even. Doesn't have instructions though. Here is a link http://www.ebay.com/itm/250892695002?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649.

after I am done with this I will be installing rock sliders and another skid plate. I will probably be done for a while after that.

It was documented on my build thread. Iirc, both on this forum & on the wire.

UPDATE: Here's the snorkel install thread on the 'wire... The pictures were lost when montypics.com's servers died and they weren't backing anything up. I still have them somewhere though and can post them up if needed.
http://www.4x4wire.com/forums/showf...143789&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=2&fpart=1

Last edited:

RichardT

Adventurer
Fed EX just dropped a box off that had this in it.:wings: View attachment 86542

Should be installed within 2 days pending I get rid of this cold.

Sweet!! If only I wasn't saving up for my bumper, I'd pick one of those up right now :(, that's ok though, I need the bumper more anyway :)

Hope you feel better soon, I wanna see that thing installed hehe

Sent from my iPhone

scrubber3

Not really here
Today I decided to install the snorkel. I pulled off the right fender and commenced to drilling and cutting. I took the baffle and intake tube off the outside and installed this-snorkinst1.JPG I used rivets and was sure to seal it from the back side. Afterwards I drilled into the fender using the provided template and set the snorkel onto the fender and got these-snorkinst2.JPGsnorkinst3.JPG. I didn't have a hole saw so I had to drill areas and use my sawzall to get the intake hole cut. I got it finished up this evening and couldn't take anymore pictures as they wouldn't turn out right. I sealed the filter box using high temp blue gasket maker. The inside and the outer section were also sealed. I was able to keep the limb risers on the truck without any issues. Installed pictures will be up tomorrow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne

Members online