Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Morocco by Mog, a few months overlanding

Oh, and as a side thought, have you looked into doing/continuing your Spanish classes in South or Central America where they are generally much (much much) cheaper. I did classes on and off in both Cartagena de Indias (Colombia) and Quito that helped my communications considerably, and didn't leave me with a lithp (lisp). Many (most?) native Latino speakers chuckle at the continental pronunthiathion.

The quality was very good. If I go back I'd probably attend a school in Cusco next, just to give me an excuse to spend more time there.

subscribed!

I kept a journal when backpacking in Europe for 2 months. Just a generic notebook. If I had a great story, I wrote it down, but mostly it listed my thoughts on features and sights, names of pubs, monuments and restaurants to visit again. Useful information, cost of goods, lots of stuff. I didn't really put down emotions.

My blog is for the people. Emotions, action. Sometimes talking it up to make it exciting even though it was a fire trail in the desert
    Bark Bark goes Frankie the Adventure Dawg

Hi,

HumphreyBear: Good tip on the classes, we will most likely do some in SA, but we want to have enough Spanish to get into the country and feed ourselves till we get to a class :-) Right now, we can order beer, some food, ask the price of things (but not understand all the possible answers, we're ok at stuff costing up to 9 euros....).

SWbySWesty: good way to look at the Journal.

I think we might need a bit more detail in the Journal, I hope to blog is pitched about right. I know some of the photos are probably not hard core travel / truck / gear related, but they are what we saw when traveling, so in they go!

MERV3919.jpg

Merv.

Quote Originally Posted by mervifwdc View Post
    I hope to blog is pitched about right. I know some of the photos are probably not hard core travel / truck / gear related, but they are what we saw when traveling, so in they go!
    I am enjoying your blog and thread as to me your reports are what ExPo is about. I don't care much for the build threads and weekend trips, though I do read them for ideas, but I come to ExPo for exactly what you guys are doing, so thank you.

The windmill is much better in B&W Merv. Keep up the good work.

How are you finding posting all your bits in several places? is it time consuming? or have you managed to link most of them/cut and paste etc.

I noticed posts here/the hubb/D44/your blog/facebook... any I missed!?

Hope your both well.

G
    Land Rover D90 | Sankey Trailer

LOL, Yes, we do post about a bit. I know when we were researching to do the trip, and by research, I mean reading every scrap of info we could get our hands on from renting out the house, choosing a vehicle, choosing countries to visit, visas, money, health....

We've a few bits on Jupiters Travels, flickr, and a few Irish photography sites I'm a member of.

We write for each one separately, as each has a different audience, with different interests (or at least, I think they do!). And we dont write on each one all the time, I guess we should be a bit more structured in all of that.

Both doing fine, but caught a hiccup in the cooling system, and have a ruptured hose that needs fixing. Luckily we are in Madrid, which I'm sure I'll get everything I need. We can still drive as we've bypassed the leak, but we have no hot water in the camper.

Merv.

Well, we are now booked onto 2 different spanish courses as we've other things to fit in. Sarah is a major Tennis fan, and is heading off to Paris to watch some of the French open in Rolland Garros. So 2 separate shorted courses it is. We managed to arrange them in smaller rural locations where we can stay in our truck to keep the costs down.

We got to see some great stuff in Spain so far. in Madrid, they have some fantastic graffiti (as well as loads of serious stuff).

MERV4488.jpg

And unimogs for sale as photography tour buses (This is just south of Madrid)
    IMG_0364.jpg

And really cool Dutch camping trucks.
    MERV4828.jpg

Anyways, more photos over on the blog at www.moglander.com

Hi folks,

As we're at the end of the first leg of our trip, I thought I'd do a quick update. We've travelled from Spain via France to Italy where we got some mechanical issues sorted, and from there via France to Luxemburg for some cheap diesel. After there we visited some friends in Belgium, and are now parked about 50 miles from Omaha beach in Normandy where the WWii landings were made.

We sail from Le Havre port in France to Montevideo in Uruguay next week, and it's about a 3 week trip so the next time we're online here we hope to be in South America, and a whole new chapter starts!

MERV9307.jpg
    Merv.

www.moglander.com

So the Morocco thing caught my attention.........it's on my to do list. Now South America. Just subscribed since I love South America as well having been there (7) times. Be safe and look forward to more posts. Thanks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123