Group Buy - IBS Dual Battery Systems [Closes 2/29/12]

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
Sierra Expeditions would like to offer a group buy on IBS Dual Battery Systems.

The IBS kit is computerized dual-battery management kit was developed in Switzerland. This state-of-the-art system uses a RISC micro-computer to either isolate or link multiple batteries as needed. Normal operation separates the starting battery from the auxiliary battery to safely power electrical accessories when the vehicle isn't running. An override button links the batteries for high-load uses such as winching and is also used for self jump-starting. In-cab monitoring, which uses an LED display to show each battery's state of charge, is available. Installation involves an included power cable and a pre-made four-wire harness. The IBS won a Global Media Award as one of the best new products at the 2009 SEMA Show.

http://www.sierraexpeditions.com/images/products/large_2074_IBS-DBM.jpg
This kit includes:

• 200A Relay (12v Systems)
  • In-cab monitor with flush mount (optional mounts are available but not included in the group buy)
  • Wire Harness
  • 10' of 4g positive and negative cables
  • All connectors needed to complete installation

More info: IBS -DBS Dual Battery System with Microprocessor - Sierra Expeditions

One of the benefits of this system over other dual battery kits is the bi-directional linking feature. While the engine is running the Main and Aux batteries are linked together for parallel charging from the alternator. If the engine is stopped, the two batteries will be disconnected automatically with some delay. With the additional charge by solar equipment (to Aux battery), battery charger or generator, the (main) starter battery will be charged automatically with Aux battery together. Appliances as fridges, lights, compressors, inverters are now safely fed from the aux battery.
http://www.sierraexpeditions.com/images/products/large_2074_DBM_Schem.jpg
Also if there is interest in adding the RBM (Relay Booster Module), we can add that to the group buy. The RBM is an optional upgrade which is designed to improve the functionality of the IBS-DBS Dual Battery System in the event that the starter battery is empty or fails totally. Starting is supplied from Auxiliary Battery (AUX).

Pricing: Normal Retail is $379.95 Group buy price is $322.80, optional RBM Normal Retail is $85.95 Group buy price is $66.00

Shipping: The IBS Kits will be shipped via USPS Priority Mail® in a Medium Flat Rate Box. ($11.35 to US, $32.95 to Canada) Overseas please email us for a shipping quote at SALESatSIERRAEXPEDITIONSdotCOM

Payment: Once the group buy has ended we will PM participants a coupon code which can be entered in on our secure website and payments via Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, or PayPal can be processed. We can also handle the transaction over the phone if you prefer.

Closing Date: This group buy will close on 29 February 2012. No late participants will be accepted.

Participants:

1. tradman (RBM Only)
  2. yjeff (+RBM)
  3. Hafwit (RMB Only)
  4. Moody
  5. ttn333 (+RBM)
  6. silentdesert
  7. bigwapitijohnny (+RBM)
  8. mingthemerciless (+RBM)
  9. DCH109 (+RBM)
  10. billy bee
  11. FireGuy (+RBM)
  12. Out2PLAY
  13. ab1985 (+RBM)
  14. Mauka2Makai (+RBM)
  15. frederid (+RBM)
  16. pvangura
  17. TenaciousTJ (+RBM)
  18. sam3535 (RBM only)
  19. mountainpete (+RBM)
  20. Flip_4_It (+RBM)
  21. takesiteasy (+RBM)
  22. joneseyyy (+RBM)
  23. agavelvr (+RBM)
  24. Detslider (+RBM)
  25. Scott_sFZJ80 (+RBM)
  26. dirtcrazy (+RBM)
  27. joeyumbra (+RBM)
  28. kdiddy (+RBM)

Post up if you have questions regarding this system, or wish to participate in this group buy.

Last edited:

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
I'd be interested if the system could handle a 250 amp alternator. Seems like the limit is 200.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

Last week I finally got this kit installed from the IH8MUD version of this group buy a while back... I'm ery happy with the kit so far, and from all of my experiences ordering from Sierra Expeditions.

Ryanmb21

Expedition Leader
I bought this IBS kit from Will at Sierra Expeditions some time ago and recently installed it. It is a great product and I recommend the seller.

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
I think it's only fair to warn you all about this product...

I bought the IBS and RBM over 2 years ago from Sierra Expeditions and have been extremely satisfied with its performance since that time.

Just don't get used to every modification to your truck to be that easy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles