Group Buy - IBS Dual Battery Systems [Closes 2/29/12]

Ramjet

Explorer
I couldn't wait any longer for something to happen. I bought an IBS System and installed it Friday. By the way, I love it.

lbrito

Broverland Expert
I second that. I need a dual battery system and can't decide between IBS and National Luna. A better price would help solidify the deal.

The IBS system uses a 200A relay, the National Luna uses an 85A solenoid. 85A is too small for most dual battery systems (It will operate too hot near its rated current, which is not good for an already hot environment in the typical installation spot under the hood). You will typically exceed 85A when you have one low AUX and a full Main battery and they get switched together. Even though solenoids are rated for high in-rush (momentary) current, the contacts still take a beating when this occurs.

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Are dual battery systems pretty easy to move from one vehicle to another? I'd be interested in a group buy.
The IBS really isn't if you have all of the wires tucked away. it also depends on where your second battery is located, which DB system you're running and so on... I highly recommend the IBS... but that's just me being biased.

billy bee

Adventurer
Has anybody called or written to SD? They initiated the last group buy. My guess is they'd need to know there is interest in a second group buy.

BTW, I took advantage of the first one; love the product and appreciate their customer service. Very nice people.

bb

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94