AT Horizon Extra Propane Tank

RKCRWLR

We sold our Jayco Baja and have ordered an AT Horizon due in approximately mid April. Yes, we are a little pumped! Looking forward to getting off the ground on our backcountry forays where the baja was simply not meant to go. Not knoocking it, we had a great time with that tent trailer in more civilized conditions. One of the things we love to pack along is our glampfire (campfire in a can). Has anyone come up with a good location on the Horizon to carry a second propane tank? Any reason to not just go to the opposite side and mount it like the OEM? Thanks! Tim

loren85022

Explorer
No suggestion for your 2nd pumpkin, but I too like glampfires. So I added a duel mount to my home-built trailer last week. Paint and straps today.
propane.jpg

cnynrat

Expedition Leader
I've seen at least one guy with a second propane tank mounted on the opposite side from the standard location. It's probably what I'd do if I wanted to carry a second tank.

RKCRWLR

Thanks guys! Loren, fiberglass tanks...NICE! Dave, thank you for posting your trip links in your sign... I always enjoy seeing the travels of others. Having moved to Utah, we spend a lot of time in the canyons. SRS is a highly overlooked area... glad you found it!

STREGA

Explorer
AT will add a 2nd tank on the other side if you want, but I don't think there is enough room to put a 20lb tank though and a small tank won't run a portable campfire for very long. I carried a couple 20lb tanks inside the main box of our Horizon for the campfire and a smaller tank to run the campstove.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles