Vampa Expresso maker

Capt Eddie

Adventurer
I just cleaned up an old 1950's VAMPA expresso maker. Does anyone know how to use it and where to get the gaskets? Thanks for any info.

NothingClever

Explorer
Forum member 'espressomon' will likely prove a great resource for assistance and he'll probably chime in momentarily with a good point of contact.

The only four resources I'm familiar with are:

www.espressoparts.com
www.orphanespresso.com
www.espressocare.com
www.fantes.com

None of them proved fruitful with a search for Vampa but one of them should be able to help pick up the scent, so to speak. Espresso Parts is kinda mainstream now so they might be a dead end. Orphan Espresso will probably have a good grasp on the history of the company and how to get parts from Italy, if required. Stefano (espressocare.com) is from Italy so he'll probably be a jackpot for info. Fantes is great....don't get lost in there - lot of cool stuff for the kitchen!

Best of luck!

spressomon

Expedition Leader
Yep...the thread title got my attention all right :). Not familiar with the Vampa but wonder if the gasket from another stove top moka pot might happen to be the same...or close enough? You might give Thomas Cara a call; actually you'll be talking to Thomas' son Christopher who runs the shop now. 2nd generation espresso shop on the edge of North Beach in San Francisco; the coolest collection of old-time espresso machines I've seen anywhere; and the best collective wisdom for all things espresso machine related I've ever been/seen! And they might just have what you need. 517 Pacific Ave., San Francisco, 415-781-0383

Maybe as a last resort one could be made from rubber gasket material?

As far as using it...its appearance looks like most moka pots...put the grounds in the basket, water in the bottom chamber and boil until the water has perked up through the grounds.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier