Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pioneer Tool Trailer

Are you looking for an adjustable for the A2? The one you have looks like the one on mine and it is adjustable with a "crank handle." Perhaps the handle is all that is missing? I don't recall the end fitting on the handle, but perhaps a rachet handle and socket will do?

As for the A1 frame, the leg on mine is non-adjustable.

JPK

Well I had about an hour today to work on it some more. Swapped the tan tongue back onto the tan trailer frame. Stripped the trailer frame of misc brackets, wiring, parking brake handles and the rear support leg. Just have to hook up the brake line and tighten some bolts up and she is off to paint. The parking brake handles met a forklift at some time in the past and are bent pretty good, either going to repair them or find new ones. I also need to rebuild the brake master as it was full of water when I got it, I bled it out real good but the damage was already done. Here is a picture of how she looked at the end of today. That white trailer for the rescue company sure looks nice, thanks for the picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by JPK View Post
    Are you looking for an adjustable for the A2? The one you have looks like the one on mine and it is adjustable with a "crank handle." Perhaps the handle is all that is missing? I don't recall the end fitting on the handle, but perhaps a rachet handle and socket will do?

As for the A1 frame, the leg on mine is non-adjustable.

JPK
    No this trailer doesn't have a adjustable jack, I wish it did. My other M116A2 with stake sides has one I added, I use it for my utility trailer. Of course with my move I still haven't found the handle for it, I hope I didn't loose it.

Here is how it looks right now. Moved the tool body onto the A2 trailer this weekend, my 14 year old boy earned his keep Sunday. That box sure weighs a lot but nothing a pry bar and some blocks couldn't manage. It fits the new frame just fine. Just got a box of parts in the mail today from FJCruiser, thanks. Its the parking brake handles and the master cylinder which I will be putting on this week. You can see the A2 frame is much stronger with more crossmembers and corner gussets. No wonder the old frame was a little tweaked. I should start a build thread soon for my T-all, I have been spending some quality time with it too.
    Attached Images Attached Images

A great Father and Son Project. I look forward to both builds.
    Keep us posted.

What a cool trailer...will be watching your progress.
    Love the "Irrational" too!!!

Hillbilly

Very cool trailer. Can't wait to see how it comes along!

I have been looking for one of these but ..... do you think it would be OK to remove all or part of the center divider?

Quote Originally Posted by GGimbert View Post
    I have been looking for one of these but ..... do you think it would be OK to remove all or part of the center divider?
    Sorry about the delay in answering your question. You should be ok if you remove the sheetmetal part of the divider but not the 2x2 section of square tubing thats in the middle of the trailer. It looks like that supports the roof.

I've got the same trailer. I ended up replacing the rubber hinge with some conveyor belting. It's been leak free for the last five years. What a job removing the original rivets and then installing the new ones. I ended up painting it with Por-15 and then a topcoat of Tremclad flat black. Going to do an Expo build as well. Good luck with yours, I'll be following closely.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast