PSA: Sears Diehard Platinum Marine battery on sale

Stroverlander

Adventurer
EnerSys/Odyssey is a pretty solid brand and with the review pool on Sears being so limited, I pretty much discounted those. :sombrero:

I have a good idea how I treat my vehicles and batteries and zero idea what other people are doing. I do find it difficult to believe someone would receive two "bad" batteries in a row and so could more likely be other issues with vehicle, use or lack of maintenance.

If you're concerned about the future of EnerSys, there is this: EnerSys Announces Arbitration Ruling Related to Altergy Supply and Distribution Agreement

Stock took a bit of a hit but doesn't appear to be a major issue, will be interesting to see if it has any impact on prices in near future.

juicebox

Adventurer
I just bought a DieHard Platinum Group 65 Battery for 168.93 after tax and coupons.

They are on sale, regular price $230, on sale for $184, then coupon code "PAYPAL25" brings it down to $159.

The marine batteries are not on sale, but you could still use the coupon code and save $25 off of a 31M if you want. I don't think I need a marine battery, so the group 65 was a great deal for me.

RubiconGeoff

Adventurer
I just bought a DieHard Platinum Group 65 Battery for 168.93 after tax and coupons.

They are on sale, regular price $230, on sale for $184, then coupon code "PAYPAL25" brings it down to $159.

Right on!!! Thanks for the tip with the sale and the coupon! I missed out on it last time so I went ahead and bought one this time - $161.81 after tax. :wings:

ripperj

Explorer
I went to my local Sears a month or so ago to buy two Platinums for my camper. The sales lady was insistent I give her a vehicle type. When I finally got sick of explaining that it was for a camper she told me that there would be no warranty unless I got a deep cycle rv battery. I tried later in the day with another clerk and gave her my Highlander, but she would only sell me what goes in the friggin car!
can't possibly be this complicated.
Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

projected

Adventurer
I went to my local Sears a month or so ago to buy two Platinums for my camper. The sales lady was insistent I give her a vehicle type. When I finally got sick of explaining that it was for a camper she told me that there would be no warranty unless I got a deep cycle rv battery. I tried later in the day with another clerk and gave her my Highlander, but she would only sell me what goes in the friggin car!

Order online and select local pickup then you don't have to deal with the staff.

tclark

EnerSys/Odyssey is a pretty solid brand and with the review pool on Sears being so limited, I pretty much discounted those. :sombrero:

I have a good idea how I treat my vehicles and batteries and zero idea what other people are doing. I do find it difficult to believe someone would receive two "bad" batteries in a row and so could more likely be other issues with vehicle, use or lack of maintenance.

If you're concerned about the future of EnerSys, there is this: EnerSys Announces Arbitration Ruling Related to Altergy Supply and Distribution Agreement

Stock took a bit of a hit but doesn't appear to be a major issue, will be interesting to see if it has any impact on prices in near future.

I thought the same thing but I have my second dead one sitting in the shop; checked everything on the truck and all checked out fine. Slapped a year old Interstate in there and it hasn't missed a beat, the Diehards didn't make a year. Had to be a fluke through as I've heard nothing but great things about them.

jdlobb

Adventurer

You couldn't just pick one up off the rack and take it to the counter?

Order online and select local pickup then you don't have to deal with the staff.

Very good advice, hadn't even crossed my mind.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
That's what I did a year ago getting mine. You had to order online in order to get the price. The printout said 6 in stock. Got there and they couldn't find any. Next they sent a kid out to another store saying it would be in tomorrow @ 12:00 pm. Arrived to no batteries again. Third time was the charm as they finally got them in. I used to work for Sears. ****** happened?

bikerjosh

Explorer
Wahoo, just bought a platinum battery at sears, $158 + tax
Went online, ordered for store pick up entered "PAYPAL25"
Wish I needed more.
Sale ends on Aug 2nd.
Josh

projected

Adventurer
That's what I did a year ago getting mine. You had to order online in order to get the price. The printout said 6 in stock. Got there and they couldn't find any. Next they sent a kid out to another store saying it would be in tomorrow @ 12:00 pm. Arrived to no battery again. Third time was the charm as they finally got them in. I used to work for Sears. ****** happened?

Not sure, Craftsmen tools are now made in China, I'm still in shock/saddened to learn this, it's all down hill from here..... I had a dip**** from Sears call me to tell me my battery was in, so I did what most people would do and went to pick it up. When I went to pick it up and it wasn't there. I played the voicemail that Sears left me about my battery being in ready for pickup and the guy I played it to said "that's me on your voicemail but I was looking at the wrong battery". Anyway it finally came in and they demanded a trade in battery to get the internet pricing, so I gave them a dead motorcycle battery out of my DRZ. A battery is a battery.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior