Refrigerator slide and power cord management.

Trillium

I am curious as to what other methods of power cord management folks are using with their fridge when pulling out or closing the slider to protect the power cord.

Trillium

Slider cable management

Thanks for viewing the post. Perhaps I am obsessed with this slider cable management issue. I have several really good ideas such as Medical grade Ametek retractable cable reel using 8 AWG wire and a custom coiled cable in a track that was interesting. I have read about many other ideas. Currently none of them fit for me.

I am trying to save some time because I have many ideas but not a lot of time to develop ideas thus the post to help save time. One idea that is looking promising is based on the old design of the architecture lamp which can be positioned in variable lengths and encloses the cord for protection. This unit mounts under the slider tray away from any obstacles an provides total cable protection.

Chaos

Observer
Bungee Cord....one that's say been "used and abused" so it's not as tight as a new one, fixed to a point at the back of the slide higher then the base, that is assuming you have a point to fix it to.

Sheep Shagger

Adventurer
None.
I run both 110v and 12v cables zip-tied together, just long enough to reach on full extension of the shelf. Then I attached them at 2 points to the underside of the shelf. One connection point at the end by the sockets on the fridge, and the other 1/2 way down the left side of the shelf and kind-a pointing them at 45 deg. That way when you close the shelf there the cables just form a "Z" under the shelf. Don't over think this, you'll just asking for problems.
945995045_Ba3Pr-L.jpg

955789864_UoRtP-L.jpg

946953894_UZszk-L.jpg

946955309_dyAxr-L.jpg

I did exactly the same with another slider I made for one of the bins in my friends RV. Both have been working perfectly for well over 1.5 years.

Attachments

• 945995045_Ba3Pr-L.jpg
    945995045_Ba3Pr-L.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 27

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke