Himalaya 4x4 Defender 110's

DividingCreek

Explorer
I don't think that's at all true. The guys out there who are comfortable with themselves and good at what they do pretty much let that speak for itself. (oh dear.....did I just make an inadvertent jab LOL)

great post MB.:wings:

I have had some dealings with Mark Staff and find him to be a very straight forward business man. Once explained, his rational for not posting an actual address makes total sense. I am always worried about what might walk out of my shop when I'm not there.

Last edited:

BeachBum

Observer
It's funny that stateside we only associate the Defender as the utilitarian workhorse while in Europe those are actually the work trucks and most would think of you as a sort of redneck for driving one. Then on the other hand LR releases special editions to really try and break away from that persona.

Defender Fire and Ice 2009, looks pretty familiar to this Himalaya.

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/landrover/2009-land-rover-defender-fire-and-ice-ar75360.html

Personally the new Defender "Rough" would be on my drive if I had an extra €40k. But $100k, not a chance.

http://www.autoscout24.es/ListGN.as...ustate=N,U&results=80&desc=1&sort=year&page=1

Last edited:

markieboy1

[QUOTE=BeachBum;

Defender Fire and Ice 2009, looks pretty familiar to this Himalaya.

Of course there are similarities. Many vehicles take hints from others and improve on them. Thats what we as designers do, take inspiration from good (or bad) ideas of others. But if you look closely, the LandRover version is not finished. The bonnet and roof have been painted. We go far beyond that. Color matching the bulkhead, the steering gaurd and event the sound system inside the truck are matched to the paint work. We also color match engine covers and wheels. Thats part of the fun of building a custom truck.

While we do build Factory spec restored vehicles, there is much more enjoyment and satisfaction from creating something spectacular.
Many of our Himalaya Limited Edition Defenders are in other parts of the world like Korea, UK, Spain and Saudi.

Attachments

• BuildProcess224.jpg
    BuildProcess224.jpg
    465 KB · Views: 26
  • HimalayaLimitedDefender90.jpg
    HimalayaLimitedDefender90.jpg
    310.5 KB · Views: 22
  • HImalayaDefenderDash.jpg
    HImalayaDefenderDash.jpg
    360.6 KB · Views: 22
  • CustomLandRoverDefender HimalayaLimited403.jpg
    CustomLandRoverDefender HimalayaLimited403.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 21
  • Him1300267.jpg
    Him1300267.jpg
    448.3 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

d0va

Observer
great video production and keep up the awesome work they look fab ;) minus the wheels (at least they are not on 24" right )

markieboy1

The fastest Land Rover Defender in America is a Himalaya Limited 110.
0-100 mph in 9 seconds with 480 brute HP automatic. Its quite a refreshing ride. This is Himalaya #2 for a great client. He has his daily hard top Himalaya and this new cottage runner.

Attachments

• Wood-47e.jpg
    Wood-47e.jpg
    495.9 KB · Views: 61
  • Wood-69e.jpg
    Wood-69e.jpg
    574.5 KB · Views: 53
  • Wood268e.jpg
    Wood268e.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 51

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
Mark, why'd it end up with a Rover type rear axle? Did you use the one from the NAS 90 that it started life as?

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
On D90 Mark mentioned that the drivetrain was built up to support the increased power. I have no doubt he built it correctly :)

markieboy1

Axles upgraded with heavier duty shafts. We tested this thing to death for several hundred miles. Tough as nails!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier