trailshaman 2002 Trailblazer LT Build Thread

TSAdventurez

Blogger/Adventurer
small update

Called chevy today and figured out i have 84 springs in the front wich I think is plenty, with only an oil pan skid(ordered that today too:wings:) I may upgrade to 89 if and when i get a bumper. I noticed yesterday that i have a very slow seeping leak from my steering not enough to worry about now tho.

TSAdventurez

Blogger/Adventurer
One step foward, two steps back

my new Z71 springs came in today. im going to wait to install them with the rest of the lift. My t case skid also came in today got it installed and fabd up my new roof rack Hi lift mount
photo (1).JPG

Then on my way to work while I was pulling on to the high way, The engine cut off. my fuel pump just gave out with any warning resulting in haveing to get towed home.
photo.JPG
So looks like im geting a new pump today.

TSAdventurez

Blogger/Adventurer
From the dealer. I can get you the part number if u want, cost me about 15 dollars for the skid. Then they wanted to charge me 30 bucks for the three bolts to mount it:confused:. So i made my own lol. The skid is worth about the 15 bucks i payed for it. It needs a lil modification beacause it has a lip on the leading edge that needs to be flatend flush with the frame. Otherwise I can see it geting caught or geting bent down.

HARDTRAILZ

Certified
Ha. Post up a pic when you can. I never have seemed to need one, but $15 for a bit of extra protection is not bad at all.

TSAdventurez

Blogger/Adventurer
Got the fuel pump in and installed today. so im back up and running:wings:
i also managed to snap a few pics of the t case skid.
photo (2).JPG
photo (3).JPG

The leading edge was originaly flat (the side opposite the drain hole). So I bent it up so it will slid over objects better and wont act as a scoop for sand and sticks.

photo (4).JPG
photo (5).JPG
The skid protects just the lower hanging portion of the tranfercase. It bolts in with three bolts to the frame. Not bad for just 15 bucks:ylsmoke:

TSAdventurez

Blogger/Adventurer
I removed the original plastic POS skid plate from the truck yesterday in preperation of my new steal one from MDB fab.
photo (6).JPG
Either my steering seep has turned into a leak or my front diff is leaking ill have to fix it before i install the new plate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles