Ammo can stoves.

Dirtytires

Explorer
I just picke this up today. A friend makes them. Made in the US, using US products. You cant get better than that.

I plan on doing a field test on Friday.

Just wanted to share it with you all. Kind of like a new toy.. :wings:

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    505.9 KB · Views: 106
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    265.3 KB · Views: 89

NothingClever

Explorer
Man, he's onto something. Although the titanium wall-tent stove aficionados might wrinkle their nose at the ammo can stove's weight, they can't scoff at the excellent prices. This stove (or stoves rather) is an excellent use of the venerable ammo can.

Dirtytires

Explorer
I put a little fire in the stove yesterday, it was pretty good little source of heat on a chily day. Initial burn was to cure the paint.
Man that stuff stinks when being burned. I have a video I will post as soon as I figure out how to post them here.

Last edited:

ttn333

Observer
That's just cool! I don't need one or have a use for it. But I may just have to get one anyway. :sombrero: It'd be a fun sorta toy.

Dirtytires

Explorer
What size is the one on the video? Do the legs unscrew? Great video! Thinking bout buying one.

The legs do unscrew. I had him tap weld mine on . The size I have is the medium size. You will love it. It is just so off the beating path.
I know there are videos on youtube how to make one, but they are none like this.

Dirtytires

Explorer
Homemade mobile grill

I was messing around today and started to build this grill.

007.jpg
Ammo Can

009.jpg

Tools Needed
006.jpg
Hardware Needed
012.jpg
Drilled and riveted the rack holder.
015.jpg
Sprayed the Grill Using 2000 degree heat paint. 2 coats.
017.jpg
Placed bottom grill in. Ok. Shoved and wrestled it in.
021.jpg
Forgot to get a top grill when at HD..improvised. Success..:drool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne