My latest 4runner happenings

1stgenoverland

Adventurer
Hey everyone...I don't post on here very often but I thought Id let you all know whats been going on with my 85 runner. So I have been driving it for over a year now. I was slightly perplexed by a starting and rough idle issue. The problem seemed to keep fixing itself so I just left it and kept dealing with it when it would happen. So this last January I found myself moving up to Ft Mcmurray Alberta to work in the oilsands to make some money for my trip to australia. Before I left my sister approached me on borrowing the 4runner for a couple months while I was gone. She needed it to move her house and what not. So said problem happened to her of course because of its intermittence. She took it to the mechanic and the mechanic diagnosed it as having a poor MAF, Fuel regulator and spark plugs. He replaced all of these and the problem persisted..upon looking at the computer, he found a hole in the fender and water in the computer...So he replaced the computer with a used one and problem solved...I was very impressed by this guys service and found him to be reasonable and good at finding parts. So now...I have a fixed 4runner, a new MAF, a new computer, fuel regulator and all for just 645 dollars...That my dear friends is CHEAP. Unfortuanately its another two months before I can see my 4runner again...sniff sniff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles