Warn winch question

Expedition Leader
It's a fair deal if it functions properly. It's an obsolete model, but the replacement hasn't changed all that much and lists for $1,500. Make sure it will fit in your bumper or winch mount, because it is an "integrated" winch with a non-movable solenoid/control pack.

playhard

Observer
That is a good price. You may want to shop around a little bit. I can get a new in the box Warn VR8000 for around $570 here locally. That is not quite the same winch but it is brand new.

frgtwn

Adventurer
Street price will be under $1100 for the newer replacement model. I have no idea of any changes. http://www.amazon.com/WARN-67550-9-5ti-Thermometric-Winch/dp/B0002Z9T14

I usually figure that a good used item should be half what new is, given that you are taking a gamble on the package. If you only add the price of cable and fairlead, sold here and elsewhere for $100 and upwards (a bargain), you're in it for nearly half.

Then, as said, it must fit your application. Also, this is a real users winch. I'm still trying to figure out the VR line, but it looks like they are intended for casual (occasional) use.

For a winch, I would shop for quality first, price second. Then, if you can buy quality used, and priced right, what more can you ask?

Dale

Last edited:

hovenator

Explorer
Thanks for the replies. This is the exact information I was looking for. Based on everyone's advice, I think I'll pass on it and look around for a new winch which fits my needs. I figure with winch purchase, synthetic line and an aluminum fairlead, I can get a pretty nice new never used winch. I'll keep looking.

Olywa

Observer
I recently picked up a warm m8000 used for $250. It's a little rough but it functions. I am thinking about taking to a warn dealer to have them look it over.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330191024.193008.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330191024.193008.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 2

I Leak Oil

Expedition Leader
Can't go wrong with an M8000. Good unit, been around for a long time. Don't send it to have it looked at. They are stupid simple to work on and if it's working I'd just open it up, clean it, regrease it and put it back together. Then go and enjoy it.

98dango

Expedition Leader
one of the post connect is broken i will be to replace it, what is the best way to do that.

wich contact switch motor or relay if its the relay just get a heavy duty relay at any auto parts farm or elertical store.

spikemd

Explorer
I just picked up a Warn XD9000 winch with the P38 Range Rover winch tray and cover as well as a bag of winch accessories for $500. I might have been able to get it for less, but I really wanted it. Trying the find the Rover factory winch tray is nearly impossible. To get an idea of cost at new prices: winch tray $800, winch $1200, and LR/Warn winch accessory bag (snatch block, cable, 2 shackles, etc) $200. The winch was replaced by Land Rover 3 years ago and is in excellent condition with no rust.

Eventually, I will replace the cable with synthetic, but I blew my load on the winch so it will wait...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles