Provan Siberian Tiger - post here

TomH

Adventurer
She is a myth no more; the Siberian Tiger leaps from her lair:

http://www.tigermotorhomes.com/home.htm

And she will give ER and GXV a run for their money (less money actually).

The top of their home page seems to alternate between pics of their old models then this new model every so often. If you see the old models, try again later and hopefully the new model pics will be up.

Last edited:

Overland Hadley

on a journey
I could not find any details, probably because it is not March 15th yet. But do you know what the difference is between a Siberian and a normal tiger?

TomH

Adventurer
I could not find any details, probably because it is not March 15th yet. But do you know what the difference is between a Siberian and a normal tiger?

The vehicle looks different than the concept drawings and floorplan Provan's owner emailed me 16 months ago. The differences are that the rear storage lockers are missing in the back (one interior, one exterior, both 2'x2'xfull height). The bath was also shown as being larger and a dry bath with separate shower and toilet. With the rear storage lockers missing, a rear window has been maintained. The vehicle originally was shown as a dually while this one has single rear wheels. The front facing full queen bed is the same. It obviously maintains the flex frame of the pickup and mates cab/cabin with a bellows walk through like an EarthRoamer XV-LT. Mark originally said the vehicle would be available both on F-350 and F-450. I was under the impression that these first two (prototype and vehicle for the sponsoring customer) were both on F-450, but I cannot tell if that is correct. Estimated price was to be $130k-$150k. It was to be same interior height as the Bengal Tiger, but looks even taller.

Existing Bengal and CX models have the frame braced to make it inflexible; cab and cabin are fused with full walk through. The bed in the cab-over is sideways and the cab-over is mated to the cab roof.

Last edited:

TomH

Adventurer
My guess is this is a F4/550 cab and chasiss with 84" CA. Which would make the floor ~2' longer. Interesting lower body work - looks like a pick up box from the side with possibly a large hatch in front of the tire. Nice that Provan has kept the width similar to other Tigers - an attractive feature to me. Does look tall though.

Tom are you sure it has bellows to the cab? would expect it but can't see it in the photo.

Hope this is a winner for Provan. I really like their product.

View attachment 86986

From the pics, I think this is the same length as the previous crew cab Tigers. I could be wrong about the bellows, but I think the cab over is up higher so it doesn't hit the roof when the frame flexes. If the frame flexes, it would have to have bellows, wouldn't it? Mark indicated the Siberian would be available on F-350 and F-450. It surely looks like you are right about maintaining the exterior of the pickup bed and implanting a storage hatch afore the wheel.

Last edited:

herm

Adventurer
that is a 450. it looks to have super singles on the rear. the 350 does not come with the black fender flares and has regular 18in wheels, not the dish style wheels like is on the front of that truck.

cnynrat

Expedition Leader
Looks very interesting.

Looking at the specs for the 2011 Tiger CX I was dissapointed to see the interior height is only 5'11". Maybe this one is taller inside.

TomH

Adventurer
Looks very interesting.

Looking at the specs for the 2011 Tiger CX I was dissapointed to see the interior height is only 5'11". Maybe this one is taller inside.

It is. The Bengal Tiger is about 6" taller than the CX and the Siberian is either the same or a tad more than that.

TomH

Adventurer
New Tiger Web Site; Full Siberian Details

Provan is now Tiger Adventure Vehicles. The site is all new. The URL is now: http://www.tigervehicles.com/

The Siberian is a beauty and I think ER and GXV are going to take a serious market share hit from the quality and competetive price of this magnificent vehicle.

PaulJensen

Custom Builder
There was one of the Tigers at the Tacoma RV show last weekend...Too bad it wasn't opened up, it looked far more interesting than 99% of the RV's there...Most of those drag-along RV's are just crap...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior