Belly dragging no more - 2003 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 4X4 Quadrasteer

Devin W

Observer
Brian -

I love that camper. Mine doesn't fit nearly as well as yours - it's an 8 foot and it has the shorter cabover. I actually ended up running mine in the bed of my truck for awhile. It was a way to be able to work on it in the driveway without suffering any penalties from my homeowner's association. It's back in the trailer now, but here's a pic from when I had it in below. What airbags are you running? I'm interested in doing that, but I heard there can be some clearance issues.

IMG_4445_zps9d3e98b7.jpg

brian90744

American Trekker
air bags

I installed Firestone, part # unknown, parts were from the swap-meet $50.00 just took a chance, fit-OK. I think the bags are Double Convoluted Air Spring - 224C Style 1/4".
merry Xmas, next year will be great.
brian

Last edited:

uscg2008

Explorer
Mark - I ended up picking up a service body trailer mounted on a truck chassis for dirt cheap. I had my rooftop tent mounted on it for a couple of months on adjustable uprights but bought a truck bed pop-top camper and put that in it instead (and sold my tent). So far I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I had the trailer color matched to my truck and all of the rust taken care of (although I didn't really have any extensive body work done for dents and such since I'll drag it around in dirt). I put some fresh shocks on it and I'll probably have the hitch re-done so that it has better clearance at the tongue. I'll end up putting in extra propane and an outdoor kitchen in the exterior boxes along with the normal odds and ends. I also have an awning that will get tacked to the side of the camper. I picked up the camper quite cheap too and have been making a few easy repairs to it as well. Here are a few pics below.

With tent:
View attachment 120384

With camper before paint:
View attachment 120385

After paint and a little work on the camper:
View attachment 120386

Got any more pics of your trailer I'm trying to get a set up like this too

MagnutsWJ

Observer
I've got firestone airbags on my 1500hd. Picked em up for $100 off kijiji. Great addition for towing. Highly recommend them

Devin W

Observer
Got any more pics of your trailer I'm trying to get a set up like this too

I haven't done much to the trailer recently - have been working on the camper a bit. The next improvement for the trailer will be new hardware on the tongue as the current set-up doesn't have great alignment, rides too low and it's just not heavy duty enough. Hopefully tires and some stabilizing feet will be next after that. Here is the most recent pic of the trailer.

IMG_4192_zps1e75a2ab.jpg
IMG_4199.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94