1500HD

DoMiNiC1

Adventurer
Heat the vents up with a hairdryer and pull them off, next wipe the residue off with goo-b-gone, wax, buff, open beer, gaze with delight. :elkgrin:

MagnutsWJ

Observer
Took a little two day hunting trip in the Alberta rockies.
c3.jpgc5.jpgc1.jpg
Drove some pretty decent trails. Had to break through some 3/4" thick ice early in the morning. The truck performed great and was a comfy ride doing it. Had to turn back on one trail cause it got real tight and a snowstorm was coming in. Amazing how there can be a blizzard up in the mountains and sunny and warm at home. Came back and went golfing. Ha.
c19.jpgc9.jpgc10.jpgc13.jpgc15.jpgc17.jpg
Great little trip. And, clearly, got rid of those scoops finally!

Last edited:

moss89

Nice to see another 1500 hd bought mine new in 03. 123000 miles on it now,been great to me. Hope yours is the same to you. Really like the new front bumper.

Jack Rabbit

like your truck

Magnuts...

Just wondering what you did for a leveling kit. Did you install new keys or just crank yours up?
Also, do you have any rubbing issues with the 305's on the factory rims? How do you find the performance with the larger tires. I have an '03 2500 with 4:10's but was skeptical of going too large as I haul a camper. I'm looking at 285's rught now.
Love the bumper. I wouldn't mind getting the name of your fabricator.

Chevrolado

Cruisin'
Great lookin truck. The new bumper setup is way better. Good choice. Looks like a fun little trip there. Thanks for sharing.

MagnutsWJ

Observer
Magnuts...

Just wondering what you did for a leveling kit. Did you install new keys or just crank yours up?
Also, do you have any rubbing issues with the 305's on the factory rims? How do you find the performance with the larger tires. I have an '03 2500 with 4:10's but was skeptical of going too large as I haul a camper. I'm looking at 285's rught now.
Love the bumper. I wouldn't mind getting the name of your fabricator.

The truck was actually leveled before I bought it. I just added airbags in the rear.
I don't have any rubbing issues with the 305's but I suspect that with a stock bumper some trimming would be in order.
I stepped up from 265/75/16s to the 305s and did notice a drop in performance. I wasn't looking for such wide tires at the time but got a great deal on them. I've been keeping an eye out for a good deal on a set of 285s or maybe even some 255/85/16s. The fabricator is Chad at YotaFab in Calgary. If you google that you can find his website

Thanks all. Heading out again this weekend and camping overnight. Also have some plans to rebuild my trailer so I'll be throwing some pics up on here of the progress

MagnutsWJ

Observer
Well it's been quote some time since I've posted in here but I've made a few changes to my truck.

It's now sitting on new 285/85/16 Grabber AT2s on powder coated stock wheels with bed lined centre caps.
Also ditched the canopy and just finished up a home brew fairing for the roof basket that I picked up.

baja6y6u.jpg

ujuma8yg.jpg

Sold my off-road utility trailer and bought an enclosed trailer for tools, but have thrown a futon mattress inside a couple times for camping.

hate3agu.jpg

I also built a cargo management system for behind the rear seat. Holds a small shovel, hatchet, first aid kit, mag light and a couple spots for gloves and stuff.

pa8ymy9y.jpg

ybe3u2yh.jpg

I have some plans for a smaller trailer with RTT and perhaps a rear bumper with tire carrier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Hey Mag, I was wondering why you got rid of the rear canopy? I thought you wre going to use it for camping. I like the new bumper:drool:just like everyone else. I also enjoy your pics from the Great White North adventures that you are having. Keep us updated, Cheers Chilli.:)

MagnutsWJ

Observer
Thanks Chilli, I did camp in it a few times which was great, but overall I found it was more of a hassle than it was worth. Between work, mountain biking and other activities it seemed to be in the way. And I got tired of crawling inside to access my toolbox

Heading to whitefish MT next weekend. I'll try to grab some pics all loaded up

MagnutsWJ

Observer
qapusy5a.jpg

Picked up a bestop supertop off kijiji for a great price. Love it so far. Gives the truck a bit of a military flavor

gunu9aje.jpg
surunemy.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94