1500HD

duckhunter71

Adventurer
Great looking truck! My parents just sold their '03 Silverado 1500HD. They bought it in 2005 with 19k miles and I believe it had around 150k when they sold it in December. It was an excellent truck - just really enjoyed gasoline! The only things they ever had to replace on it were the front wheel bearings and ball joints (it lived a HARD life with us on the farm).

I know the discussion was from way back, but yes, the 1500HD was the crew cab equivalent of the 2500 pickups in that it got the engine, transmission, and other running gear from the HD pickups, but kept the lighter duty frame. I was always under the impression that they came out with this truck since they didn't have a half ton crew cab available to compete with Ford until late 2004, so this was a stop-gap vehicle for them in essence.

MagnutsWJ

Observer
Picked up a couple led spot lights for the front bumper. Can't believe how bright they are. Thinking of a light bar now and maybe one a small one for the rear
ma6e4u5a.jpg

ama6yza9.jpg

u8y4u5et.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

87GMCJimmy

Adventurer
VERY sharp looking truck you've got there!!! I LOVE the new front bumper!!!!! Looks 1,000 times better than the other one! The overall look of your truck with the new bumper, the powder coated wheels, the more aggressive tires, the soft camper top, and the roof rack is WAY more aggressive looking than stock, looks awesome!!!

Kymcmahon5

Observer
Great looking truck. Same as how I would want mine to look, just can't pull the trigger on the bestop yet. You are lucky you found one on kijiji! Also really liking your bumper.

MagnutsWJ

Observer
Thanks for the kind words. Next thing is a sleeping platform with storage drawers underneath for some summer camping and mountain biking

MagnutsWJ

Observer
Found some time to build a sleeping platform with storage drawers. Added a mount for a high lift at the front. Real happy with the outcome

amede8yg.jpg

edu5amam.jpg

7ysemude.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Nice set-up Magnuts. Those carpet squares are cool and look like camo. Now the enemy cant find your stuff with it so well camoflaged...:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior