86 Suburban, warwgn's build.

warwgn

Explorer
Lots of goodies coming my way today. Just checked the tracking info and its on the truck out for delivery!

one item is back ordered, Energy Suspension poly body bushing kit that wont be here till the 24th, but on the truck today:

Bushwacker front and rear cut out fender flares
Skyjacker Stainless Steel Braided Brake Hoses (extended front and rear)
Summit mini high torqure starter (1.5 HP)
Auto Meter Sport Comp 2 5/8" oil pressure Gauge
Auto Meter Sport Comp 2 1/16" Air Fuel ratio Gauge
Auto Meter Sport Comp 2 1/16" volt meter
Auto Meter Sport Comp 3 3/8" Tachometer
Auto Meter Sport Comp 2 5/8" Vacuum Gauge
replacment temp sender for trans oil temp gage

tomorrow I am picking up my first air compressor too, getting a Campbell Hausfield 60 gal verticle, 230V, 135 max psi, 3.7 running hp, 10.2 CFM @90 Psi

Have a few places lined up to go look at new seats, prolly just the front and middle row for now, but hope to pick them up over the holiday break.

The wife is getting me some air tools, 14" cut off saw, and maybe a few other things for X-mas.

Point to all that post.........I am getting the burb back on the road and driving it to work by Feburary!!

And of course I will take and post pics when I get home!

Last edited:

warwgn

Explorer
And the pics....

IMAG0989.jpg

IMAG0990.jpg

IMAG0991.jpg

IMAG0992.jpg

IMAG0993.jpg

Installed the gauges just for a sneek peek.

IMAG0995.jpg

IMAG0996.jpg

IMAG0997.jpg

Pics are not the best, but there will be more as it progresses.

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
Nice! Must be in the air. My compressor blew up in October and had to break down and get a new one too. Got one of the Lowe’s Kobalt 80 gallon 5 HP dealeos. So far so good, but the connections from the compressor to the wall hose distribution leaks like crazy. Got to work on that mess sometime soon.

BBslider001

Diesel Head
Perfect!! The gauge pod looks really good! I just have a crappy Dewalt standup air compressor. It works ok, but like Larry said, it leaks like crazy at the connections. I am always messing with them to get them tight.

warwgn

Explorer
so I turned off the power to the compressor after it filled and got to 135 PSI, I got home late last night and looked at the gage and was happy to see it was still at 135. So it seems there are no leaks!!

Also got a good surprise from my workers yesterday, they all pitched in and got me a 3/4 hp 8" bench grinder, Sweet!! They got with my wife and she gave them the scoop on what I needed. Just need to put me a work bench together, hang some shop lights, and assemble the shelving I bought at Sams last night then start getting organised. The shelves are 18"x48"x84" and rated at 750 Lbs on each shelf so should hold all my junk for now. My garage is in a terrible stat right now and just got to do something before I start working on the Burb again.

warwgn

Explorer
Didnt want to bolt it down yet, I will be building a shed on the side of my garage to put it in. But with small kids running around it is too top heavy to leave unsecured to something.

My father in law had a huge horizontal gas compressor that someone mounted to two 6 foot two by fours. It wasn't done for stability but more to make it easier to move. I guess you could do that to a verticle compressor if you didn't want to drill into your concrete. Maybe put it in the corner and strap it to the wall for extra safety. Just an idea.

warwgn

Explorer
So for the first time since I moved in to my new house I can work in the garage!! And of course it is all messy but my buddy stopped by and needed emergency overhaul on a kids ATV he picked up as a xmas gift for his 5 yr old boy. Anyway here is the new shop.

Before
IMAG1001.jpg

After
IMAG1003.jpg

And the front....

IMAG1002.jpg

IMAG1004.jpg

That is my wifes atv. Notice how much brighter it is even witht he half painted ceiling!! Picked up some high output light strips with 54 watt T5 bulbs, so worth it they work great.

Even picked up a 1/2" and 3/8" drive impact gun and a DA sander. Be starting on the burb right after xmas.

warwgn

Explorer
Got some goodies to work on the burb with.

IMAG1015.jpg

IMAG1016.jpg

What i really needed was some more brake cleaner!!

IMAG1017.jpg

Still workin on getting the garage straight, and the dogs are no help at all.

IMAG1018.jpg

BBslider001

Diesel Head
looking pretty clean. Clean shops lend more to getting stuff done. Looking forward to seeing the "after Christmas" goodies!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles