ARB Fridge 50qt vs 63qt - Opinions Wanted

ForealBoreal

Observer
So I am in the market this year for a fridge freezer, it seems to be my best option to go with an ARB because of the quality and the price.
I have talked to someone who owns a 50 and has recommended me to go with a 63. I am wanting to hear what you have to say.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Give us some details. How long are you out? How many mouths are you feeding? What do you need to keep cold? Soda & water or gourmet beer. Assuming this is going in your HZJ, is room an issue?

Fwiw I can camp for a week out of my 35qt, I just have to pack accordingly and cycle in cold drinks. If I were to buy a new one today I would personally go with the 50qt as it has not only the 15 qt's of additional fridge/freezer room but also the extra 'warm' storage over the motor. Now, its generally just my wife and I or myself and a couple of buddies. If I had a family of 5 to feed I'd been looking for larger fridges and or a second fridge.

STREGA

Explorer
If space and $$$ are not an issue then I would probably go with the 63 qt. size, fridges are like garages you can always use a bigger one. I have an ARB 50qt., a 63qt would not fit in the space I have. It easily handles 2 people for 5 days I have found after almost 3 years of use.

hochung

Adventurer
If you have the room for a 63-qt, I'd go with an 82-qt. the 82-qt has the same footprint as the 63-qt. just 3 inches taller.

I don't have the room for the 63, so I like the 50-qt:

arb015%20002.JPG

ForealBoreal

Observer
Right now feeding two mouths
Though since this is a long term item i would say add two more to that for the future
packing water, beer, milk, fruit/veggies and some meat
I don't think space is a big worry for my 77 but I will measure footprint

hochung

Adventurer
Cool. Plan things out. Test fit the gear you already have, and mock up a big cardboard box in the size of the different fridges you are considering.

Also, take into consideration the size of the lid. The bigger units have bigger/longer lids, and will require more vertical clearance.

ForealBoreal

Observer
Cool. Plan things out. Test fit the gear you already have, and mock up a big cardboard box in the size of the different fridges you are considering.

Also, take into consideration the size of the lid. The bigger units have bigger/longer lids, and will require more vertical clearance.

I like to plan things out. My 77 was a great example, I was thinking for the long term.
I'll mock something up.

I will check out the lid thing but the arb has the funky removable lid.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
I have the 63 and love the long & low style of it.
I have also owned an Engel 45 and a National Luna 52 weekender so I know a bit about how different fridges work in different rigs.

For my current Suburban the ARB 63 lets me reach in through the rear hatch to grab something and yet is low enough to not be in the when looking back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles