The replacement - 2004 HDJ100R Landcruiser

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Gorgeous! You are forgiven for not going 70 series:sombrero: I am still buying lotto tickets, so you might see me up Cape York way...

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
Items that need to be addressed immediately:
  • Remove chrome trim on wheel arches
  • Remove existing roof basket and replace with Wind Cheetah from 80.
  • Remove four front fog lights mounted on roof rack with all wiring.
  • Remove two rear HID lights mounted on roof rack with all wiring.
  • Put tools and recovery gear in drawer system
  • Prepare a comprehensive spares kit

Made some serious progress on the weekend:
  • Removed the chrome wheel arch flares.
  • Removed all front and rear lights on the roof rack. Spent nearly a full day pulling out wiring to support said lights. I can't stand wiring that's not up to scratch. So I then spent the next two days rewiring stuff to my standards. Not even close to being finished. At the moment all accessories have power but there's lots of tyding up to do yet.
  • Removed the roof rack.
  • Purchased spare engine hoses and belt kits.
  • Had the Cooper STT's swapped over for my new Mickey Thompson MTZ's that were on the trailer. Still have two Cooper STT's as spares for now.
  • Wired in the brake controller, associated trailer wiring as well as an anderson plug.

Need to post up some photos but they will have to wait until tomorrow.

Cheers,
P

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
Man, I was thinking the same thing. I can't believe it's been three years already. I can't wait to hear your comparison between the two Cruisers after you've had a chance to put some miles on the new one. Next one should be a 70 series!!!

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
We've been on our maiden voyage with the trailer in tow, what a difference. I was actually able to pass going up hill!

I've completed the following:
  • Set up the front suspension. It has a diff drop in the front and was sitting at 765 mm from bottom of rim lip to bottom of fender. A bit too high as the front was a bit harsh when going over pot holes (shocks were bottoming out). Everything I've read about the 100 is that you must keep 70 mm of wheel down travel. After about 3 short trips, I've evened out both sides at 750 mm. I'll be looking at longer shocks.
  • Managed to install the Warn 9.5XP winch complete with Master Pull aluminium fairlead.
  • Installed the 2.2 meter Windcheetah roof rack complete with 2.5 meter ARB awning and shovel holder (previously on the 80 just had to get new mounting kit to suit the 100).
  • Installed an Outback 4WD interior accessories roof console complete with Icom 80 channel UHF.

I really need to post up photos, soon...

Man, I was thinking the same thing. I can't believe it's been three years already. I can't wait to hear your comparison between the two Cruisers after you've had a chance to put some miles on the new one. Next one should be a 70 series!!!

Yes it's hard to believe that it's been that long. Now if I can just win the lottery, the 70 would be in the mix for sure. No such thing as having too many Landcruisers... :sombrero:

targa88

Explorer
I've just notice something i've never had seen on a 100! Carpet dash??? is it because of dusty roads?

Protects the dash/vinyl from the harsh sun so that it doesn't crack

ThisThreadIsWorthlessWithoutPics.gif

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
I've just notice something i've never had seen on a 100! Carpet dash??? is it because of dusty roads?

Don't worry it's not factory Toyota! It's called a dash mat and as Colin pointed out it's to prevent the dash from cracking due to the harsh sun. Very common in this part of the world. Besides the look the only down side is that when you are on a very steep climb and it comes flying off the dash to catch you in the face when you least expect it can take a person by surprise, ask me how I know... :Wow1:

Did you miss the first page? :elkgrin:

Fair call, I'm on to it but won't be until the weekend...

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
Figured I'd put a few photos from this weekend:

IMG_3887.jpg

IMG_3891.jpg

IMG_3893.jpg

IMG_3897.jpg

Now, I need to get some close up shots of the modifications to date.

Jacket

2008 Expedition Trophy Champion
Beautiful rig! That drivetrain in a 100 series is the envy of many. Belated congrats.

roscoFJ73

Adventurer
Nice 100 series. :victory: Im surprised you had to bring one all the way from Perth.
Those dash mats are supposed to come with adhesive backed velcro tabs that keep them in place. Ive had them on all of my cars for the last 10 years and they do a good job of protecting the dash from the sun.
Im surprised they dont have them overseas. On a 7* series they stop all the junk (phones ,wallet,water bottle) from sliding around

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste