LEDs

MOAK

Adventurer
I think I read somewhere that led lights cannot be used unless all the lights on the circuit are LEDs.. I want to replace my trailer lights with LEDs.. Can I do this without switching everything on my jeep to LEDs? Any advise is appreciated.. Logically, and I'm no electrician, I don't see why not.. Thanks,,

java

Expedition Leader
On the trailer it doesn't matter. If you replace a flasher bulb on a car it will blink faster due to lower resistance.

MOAK

Adventurer
Thanks,, great info,, just bought a pair,, and of course, we here at the portal never have wiring problems ;). The last thing I need is some fool to rear end me because my signals are not bright enough in the daytime..

brentbba

Explorer
You will have no issues with brightness of LED tail lights. I've always found them much, much brighter than incandecent lights. I've put LED's on a boy scout trailer I've pulled as well as my own M101CDN. Scout trailer had enough electrical draw in addition to the extra bulbs in my Kaymar (rear) and ARB (front) bumpers, that I'd blow fuses regularly. LED's solved that issue as well!

orangeTJ

Explorer
I have an addiction to leds... all my trailers are led only. Incandescents are banned from my fleet. Like mentioned above, a trailer is simply an addition in load to the tow rig- how big or small the electrical load is does not matter.

This weekend I completed the led upgrade to my show trailer... maiden voyage for it will be OX12.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz