12 volt blanket

jebers53

Observer
We bought a similar one, except no thermostat, so this would probably be better. My wife loves it, no worries about the size, it does a great job keeping the torso warm, socks and a hat and she is toasty. Ours only draws about 2.5 amps so not too hard on the battery. *****

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
Hmm. Maybe one of these would work good plugged into a jumper/inverter/charger thingie for the colder nights. I wouldn't have to worry about killing the vehicle battery either.

ab1985

Explorer
I bought a 12V electric blanket at a Flying J truck stop when we were travelling last weekend. It was kind of an impulse buy, but I have thought about getting one in the past so at $25 and no shipping I figured what the heck. It's 24"x62" (or close) and only draws 4.2 amps which should be fine to run overnight. If we get anymore cold weather this year I'm going to try it out.

bigwapitijohnny

Adventurer
This blanket is great...

I bought one from Cabelas that looks very similar. Mine does not have a thermostat, rather it has a timer (30-45 minutes). We just got back from camping this weekend here in the Midwest ~ 28 degrees for the low. Blanket did great, kept my son nice and warm. He even complained that it made him 'sweaty' at times...It is just a throw size though...I'll buy another one for myself.

2012-02-24_18-06-37_500.jpg

I highly recommend this blanket...

Regards,

BWJ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier