Awning cover where to get one

TSAdventurez

Blogger/Adventurer
I have a self built awning on the side of my truck that collects a bunch of water every time it rains is there any way I can get a cover for it other than having one custom made? Thanks in advance

TSAdventurez

Blogger/Adventurer
no ideas yall? any one bueller, beuller?

i was thinking a pvc pipe with a slit on one side to slide over the mounts thoughts?

jeepin_idaho

Adventurer
I've been watching this read because I think it's such a cool idea! I don't have three engineering skills to be of much help though.

the4x4podcast.com
facebook.com/the4x4podcast
twitter.com/the4x4podcast
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

TSAdventurez

Blogger/Adventurer
Small update
I took the truck to an upolstry shop to get an idea on a price to make one custom. he said $80 to make it right $60 if he uses scrap parts he has. i didnt take the offer seeing that i built the entire awning for around $60

Caoboy

Adventurer
I'd say PVC pipe, capped on the ends, with a slit like you said. I've envisioned a PVC mounted awning, that the tarp rolled up into, but haven't acted on it yet..too many dreams, not enough time/money :D

Utah KJ

Free State of Florida
Small update
I took the truck to an upolstry shop to get an idea on a price to make one custom. he said $80 to make it right $60 if he uses scrap parts he has. i didnt take the offer seeing that i built the entire awning for around $60

This reminds me of when I used to work for Circuit City a couple of decades ago. We had a loss-leader deck listed for $29.97. The shop rate for installation was $39.97 + parts. Whenever someone was interested there was often the objection of paying $40 + $25 parts to install a $30 radio. I would tell them that they could buy a more expensive radio if it made them feel better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior