Camp shower idea

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
I put this together today for a shower. I got all the items at Lowes and used a 1/4 ' barb to connect the hoses.

I painted the tank with black plasticoat. I will test it next week but looks like it will work out well. .

Attachments

• rearstorage002.jpg
    rearstorage002.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 115
  • rearstorage003.jpg
    rearstorage003.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 102
  • rearstorage001.jpg
    rearstorage001.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 101

kilimats

Observer
kinda of small tank hey (2 gallons)? Also is that the max pressure pictured? doesnt look very powerfull

Curious how effective the plastidip paint last in direct sunlight, let us know how it work out

Last edited:

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
They have the black tanked ones back in the hardware section , sold as deck sprayers. I found it takes too much effort to keep the small tank charged for the shower head. I did find the misting wand fantastic for hand washing and a quick hair wash. Mine is strapped in the back of the truck.

gate1.JPG

The hose exits the drain hole in the bed and the wand rides on the bumper. A clip on the corner holds it for use. Works great!

This same sprayer put lots of miles on the back of my last truck:

IMGP2649.JPG

Tested and proven. I will keep it for sure.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
kinda of small tank hey (2 gallons)? Also is that the max pressure pictured? doesnt look very powerfull

Curious how effective the plastidip paint last in direct sunlight, let us know how it work out

two gallons has always been enough for a shower in the field . No that was not max pressure. just painted the tank

edlaffoon

Adventure Every Day
Same setup as me although mine is a black one as mentioned above. Plenty of water if you know how to take a shower, works good for washing dishes as well.

I'm thinking of getting a five gallon stainless unit that can be pressurized with an air compressor up to 125psi, that would allow more than one person to take a warm shower before refilling.

fredgoodsell

Adventurer
mep1811:

What is the nozzle/showerhead you have pictured? And where in Lowes do you find such a thing? Thanks and keep up the good work!

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
I'm thinking of getting a five gallon stainless unit that can be pressurized with an air compressor up to 125psi, that would allow more than one person to take a warm shower before refilling.
I picked up a water fire extinguisher to that. I installed the hose and shower head. The problem is that the hose and shower head are not able to accept 125 psi pressure. That leaves you using the valve on the extinguisher to turn it off and on instead of a valve at the shower head. It would be better with a small compressor to regulate the pressure down around 40-50 psi. I moved on before I perfected it. I still have it , but shipping might be a deal breaker , if you want it.

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
I went to Lowes today to check these things out. All they had was the light gray bug sprayer version. I looked around the store and then finally asked someone if they carried the black commercial version and the young lady responded like I was crazy. She said all they carried was the version I already had seen, not the black ones.

The black ones are about 15 bucks more on acehardware via amazon verses the gray one at Lowes, 55-40.

refried

Adventurer
one of the best improvements you can make to the pressure sprayer is to drill a hole in it and put a tire valve in it, give it a quick shot of air and your good to go, no pumping. if you want to get fancy you could put a regulator on it (from a paint spray gun) and a locking tire chuck and you have pressurised water until it's empty. I do this to all my pressurised oil containers, no more pumping cold 90 wt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94