1550 Pelican Case Chuck box -- what do you think?

EverRidesurf

Observer
So I have had this idea floating around my head for a while and thought maybe it was time to try it. I was inspired by the snow peak baja stove. The whole set up was done by existing "stuff" I had laying around.
photo-11.jpg

photo-10.jpg

photo-9.jpg

photo-7.jpg

photo-13.jpg

photo-14.jpg

photo-12.jpg

photo-8.jpg

gophere

Adventurer
Love the setup man!
great multi-use of space
Is that a homemade stove and base?

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Very very cool...

my only concern is if you are using the propane bottles while they are under the stove...could get interesting maybe?

Thanks for posting it up and I really like how you use it for a sink also.

EverRidesurf

Observer
Thank you for all the compliments. If I didn't tween the pictures there might have all been laughs. To answer the questions,
1. It is a single burner $20 stove that sits on top of a propane bottle. I cut out the base plate from aluminum and fasten the stove to it. I used 1/2" 13 unc carrage bolts for the legs. (it will stand and work on its own.)
2. I am concerned with the propane bottles underneath also. I did run it for 30 min on high and the aluminum base was only warm to the touch. In the future I would like to fing an adapter that feeds to the bottom front, then the bottle wouldn't be underneath and a control valve can be more accessible.
3. The control valve is underneath the table. Like I said I am looking for something that moves it to the front.
Thanks again this forum has been an inspiration

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94