Before and After

I got a cool chance of comparing my slightly modified vehicle to a stock Xterra. Same color, same trim level, same drivetrain.

Mine has 2" shackles and 2" torsion crank with 31x10.50x15 tires its about 3.5 inches taller than stock.

Yes I added the lights just to give it the extra look.

But I was amazed at how much bigger my Xterra looked compared to stock.
S6300184.jpg

S6300186.jpg

S6300185.jpg

S6300189.jpg

S6300187.jpg
http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n188/glowingeenklr650/Vehicles/?action=view&current=S6300189.jpg

Last edited:

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
how do you like the lights mounted there? DO you get much glare on the hood when in use?

S

Scenic WonderRunner

OK!

I'm Lame!

Please tell me how the lights..........mysteriously popped up in the last pic!

Now just where is that pop up smilie when I need him>?!!!..........

flyingwil said:
how do you like the lights mounted there? DO you get much glare on the hood when in use?

Yeah, there is a decent bit. Last sunday night driving the 50+ miles of backroads/fire roads from my parents to my home, I mentioned to my wife about doing the hood black out. I think if I did that, I would like to install some hood vents to let some of that extra heat escape... but that involves cutting 2 large holes in the hood.

I have noticed about a 2mpg change taking the lights on and off until when I need them. I got an all time best of 21.7mpg going 50mph almost nonstop for those 50+miles above. I was quite impressed and hope to do that more often.

I'm hoping to install a snorkel soon. More for the Expedition "bling" factor. I love the way they look. And hope to gain a bit of performance (atleast cooler air) with it.

There are a few other accessories that I would like to get as well, but I really like the look of the setup now. If I were to get a lift kit, I would want some of the BFG 33x9.50x15s

Mexico in about 3 months!

:peepwall: We went in the store and i thought about it while inside... I need to put the lights on the roof to make mine look even better..... So i waved my magical wand...... Notice back hatch up in last photo.

Scenic WonderRunner said:
OK!

I'm Lame!

Please tell me how the lights..........mysteriously popped up in the last pic!

Now just where is that pop up smilie when I need him>?!!!..........

flyingwil

GlowinGreenklr650 said:
Mexico in about 3 months!
Looks great amigo! Thanks for the e-mail, BTW.

The X will be perfect in Mexico! The best part is that they are pre-wired for a fridge on the drivers side rear.

flyingwil said:
Looks great amigo! Thanks for the e-mail, BTW.

The X will be perfect in Mexico! The best part is that they are pre-wired for a fridge on the drivers side rear.

Yeh... I dont need no stinkin fridge! We're foodies, we like to try new food everywhere we go! I do have my power inverter mounted conveniently under the rear shelf.... shelf... still need to finish that thing and put a drawer on it.

flyingwil

GlowinGreenklr650 said:
Yeh... I dont need no stinkin fridge! We're foodies, we like to try new food everywhere we go! I do have my power inverter mounted conveniently under the rear shelf.... shelf... still need to finish that thing and put a drawer on it.

That will be nice. What are you doing for recovery points in the rear?

flyingwil said:
That will be nice. What are you doing for recovery points in the rear?

I tend to use my reciever hitch for the rear. I have a simple come-a-long now... and i hate it... im gonna invest in a blackrat handwinch. I'd like an ARB or similar bumper for protection too, but I dont want a winch up there as welll tooo much weight...

S6300187-Paint.jpg

A little comparison through Paint.

flyingwil

GlowinGreenklr650 said:
I tend to use my reciever hitch for the rear. I have a simple come-a-long now... and i hate it... im gonna invest in a blackrat handwinch. I'd like an ARB or similar bumper for protection too, but I dont want a winch up there as welll tooo much weight...

Beaver/BR units are great. We are going to try out the XRC-8 winch in the Shrockworks front bumper on FlyingWen's Xterra. It is on MASSIVE backorder right now since they tend to be pushing it at their introductory rate of $299. One of these days Wen will get around to build-up thread.

Her X has no hitch, and no rear recovery points...so I was wonderign what you did.

The BN Guy

Expedition Leader
299$ for a front bar?!? Hooooly cow that's pretty freaking cheap! It'd almost be worth it to buy a couple and resell them later.

X is coming along! If you need a place to hold up for a night on your way to Mexico, I'm in San Antonio and could probably accommodate you.

The BN Guy said:
X is coming along! If you need a place to hold up for a night on your way to Mexico, I'm in San Antonio and could probably accommodate you.

Thanks for the offer. But, I think we are going to drive as much of the coast (BEACH) as we can and go across the border west of brownsville.

Going into the Sierra Madres Mountains southwest of Monterrey.

I'd like to find a winch bumper for 300 bucks... i'd definately buy one.

texas taco

Adventurer
You said that you were going to drive the coast as much a possible. I live in Groves. Its about 35. minutes to hwy 87 "Old Beach Road". It is mostly beach all the way from Port Aurthur to the Galveston Ferry. If you are intrested my wife and I could join you on this section. Its a nice drive in good conditions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne