Eezi-Awn Globetrotter Question before I buy.

SoCal_80

Explorer
Looking to put a Globetrotter on top of my Chaser trailer. Before i buy i had a quesiton i am hoping someone can help with. If i just open the tent and do not have the changing room or awning attached, do i need to run guy lines? Can i simply just open the tent, attach the ladder and i am good to go? In some photos i see guy lines ran and in other not.....

I am hoping i can open it and leave it open just like this w/o the lines staked down:
attachment.php

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
On the ARB, camping Lab, roof top tents, you do not need to run ropes, just pop it open, no view out side until you put the steel struts in, but you can be in bed very quickly that way. This tent does not look any different thatn the ones I have mentioned, or at least to me.

Just a guess of course.

mvbeggs

Adventurer
Globetrotter Guy Line?

Looking to put a Globetrotter on top of my Chaser trailer. Before i buy i had a quesiton i am hoping someone can help with. If i just open the tent and do not have the changing room or awning attached, do i need to run guy lines? Can i simply just open the tent, attach the ladder and i am good to go? In some photos i see guy lines ran and in other not.....

I am hoping i can open it ...

I have a Globetrotter which has never had the changing room panels taken off. That said, my guess is that you only will need the guy lines in wind. Even though these are sturdy tents, I was very glad we were guyed off last year in Moab when our camp got hit with some 40-45mph wind gusts. It was quite a ride. The wind actually moved the Chaser about 6 inches.

For the small amount of time it takes to set 2 guy lines, I'd definitley set the lines to ease my mind for a good night's sleep.

BTW, the Globetrotter has 2 built in pockets to hold the guy lines. All you have to do is dump the line out of the pockets and drive a couple stakes.

Eezi Awn Globe.jpg

SoCal_80

Explorer
On the ARB, camping Lab, roof top tents, you do not need to run ropes, just pop it open, no view out side until you put the steel struts in, but you can be in bed very quickly that way. This tent does not look any different thatn the ones I have mentioned, or at least to me.

Just a guess of course.

Actually the tent is very different. The sleeping area is all one piece as it does not fold open to create a sleeping area like all other rtt's. It does open up in a similar fashion but I am not sure what keeps it open. Of there is a good wind would it blow it closed?

STREGA

Explorer
I had a Globetrotter in 2010 on a Horizon trailer, I mostly used it without the annex attached. If it wasn't windy I didn't use the guy lines, but would use them for sure if it was or looked like it would get windy. I also have a 1400 series 3 rtt that I liked better than the Globetrotter, I felt it performs better in high winds. Since I did not need 2 rtt's and did not use the annex I sold the Globetrotter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke