Land Rover Discovery II -VS- Defender 90

Timo K

Observer
Ok so I have finally heard back from the seller/owner.
I found this on Ebay with a Buy It Now price of $5,200, and the seller has to pre-approve you before you can bid. As fishy as it sounds I could not help but inquire. It was even listed as located in Chicago, I have family there who could have inspected it for me so that would be no big deal.

After three emails to the seller one has not been answered and the other two received the same reply, seen below:

Hello ,

Thank you for your interest in my NEW SHORT BLOCK 4.0L V8. I want you to know I cannot accept financing because time is a real issue for me, this is why I am looking for a cash buyer.

The car will be shipped from Berlin/Germany & i will cover shipping fees as my Godfather work for DHL air service , so all you have to pay for this car it's BUY IT NOW price ($5,200.00) . Will be shipped with DHL Air Service and you will receive it within 12 days tops.DHL will delivery the car at your door.

I'm selling this car in perfect working condition , no damage,no scratches or dents,no hidden defects, and it is as advertised. Is an US model with US specs and will be shipped with CLEAR US TITLE.

Reason for selling : We found out that we have to pay a large amount of money to regist the car here, because it is an US model (which complies with the US emission ) and Europe regulations are different from these ones , so it's more than hard for me to find a buyer here. I hate to sell it at this price but i REALY need this money , my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer,and is going thru treatments to help stop it.I am selling so i can put money away to pay for medical bills that are mounting.

If you are still interested please get back to me ASAP and i'll let you know terms of payment for this deal.

Thanks,
John Suchy

God Bless Your Family

---------

Berlin Germany is a little different than Chicago, I find the registration story hard to believe and the cancer treatment may be pushing it a little, however my sincerest regards if it be true.

As good as it may seem I think I am going to pass on this one -- Well, I was about to post a link to the auction here but when I went back to it it was gone. Either somone got a great deal on a Defender from Germany or a scam got busted.

So, How much do you want for that bridge?!! :xxrotflma

I'm pretty sure it was a scam. Registering a US vehicle in Europe is usually no problem. And V8 automatic 90's are really sought after because they are super rare. You mostly see custom conversions, but factory fresh ones retain their value and are more desireable. NAS ones were of the very few ones Land Rover ever made (with a V8 and automatic transmission)

For about 5000 bucks you don't get any kind of decent 90 here in Europe, not even a 2.5 NA. Let alone a V8 auto...

Blueboy

Adventurer
Registering a US vehicle in Europe is usually no problem.

totally agree as have registered my US spec 94 RRC LWB and 04 Saab in Switzerland.

cost wasn't too bad either.

however, in Switzerland - not sure of Germany which is known for very high taxes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke