Survival knife kit

salve7

Adventurer
I was just reading a post on the esess and was wondering what everyone is stashing on their sheath. I have the esee 6 with molle sheath and pocket. It has an Altoids can sized box and I am wanting to hear thoughts on what to carry. So far I just have a compass, magnesium fire starter, tourniquet, can opener (in case I stumble upon beans) and one of their cool arrow points. I am going to add snare wire, fish hooks and line, suture, aspirin, and maybe more depending on what all I read here and other sites. What are your thoughts for a general purpose kit? This is for adventure use and not for the zombie apocalypse.lol

Calplaya

Adventurer
I havnt got a whole lot going on with mine, especially not my sheath, but i plan on buying a new sheath one of these days. But that being said, I do have a survival knife with a strong metal handle that has been hollowed out for extra gear, and its pretty air tight, so not much water will get in, but if it does, everything else i have comes in a water tight tube thingy. :p It has a small tweezers, a few water proof matches and a strike pad for them, fishing line, hooks, a compass (on the inside part of the top screw thing, so i can use the bottom of the knife for pounding without worrying about wrecking the compass) a cloths pin, a small can opener, a few small sinkers for the fishing line, some band aides, also has some extra thread and a sewing needle, and a small pencil...not sure what im gunna use the pencil for tho, so i might replace that with something else down the road. Also, the knife is a double serrated blade, and the back part of it can be used to saw small pieces of wood if need be. nice! :D

Calplaya

Adventurer
ok, that didnt work quite as i intended, but basically, look at the list of links on the right side of the page, at the bottom click on survival sheaths, and thats the one to buy haha :p

salve7

Adventurer
That looks like what I have. Btw a pencil is a good idea if you need to leave your base camp. You can write notes for rescuers. I will prob stash a golf pencil as well. I also saw that someone was using a sewing bobbin for braided fishing line. I like that idea as well.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331440219.204560.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331440219.204560.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 9

salve7

Adventurer
Here's what I have in mine:

Sharpening stone
Tinder tabs
Fishing line, furled leader, a few flies
Very small LED flashlight (this one http://www.photonlight.com/led-flas...dfV21383_a_7c1216_a_7c5204_a_7cBCG_d_CORDLOCK )
My sheath also has on it a firesteel holder.

So, with the stuff in my sheath, I can make fire, illuminate my surroundings, catch fish, and keep my knife sharp.

I saw one of those lights today and am going to go back and get one tomorrow. I'm never without my headlamp but a backup never hurts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke