keurig machine?

MarcFJ60

Adventurer
What's the average power draw on a small Kuerig?

What inverter would be required?

If I remember, I will run my Tassimo through a "Kill-a-Watt" next time I make a cup of coffee and give you a ballpark figure. I would venture the Tassimo may draw more current since it also does steamed drinks.

Dirtytires

Explorer
I take mine camping. I would use a small generator for power . I love coffee. The K cups are easy to store.
The selections are getting better as they become popular. Nothing like a nice hot tea or water in the eve.

MarcFJ60

Adventurer
What's the average power draw on a small Kuerig?

What inverter would be required?

My Tassimo actually peaked over 1500 watts when steaming milk. It was over 1000 watts for espresso. I would think just for regular coffee on a small machine you would want at least a 1500 watt inverter. I guess I'll stick with the JetBoil.

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
My Tassimo actually peaked over 1500 watts when steaming milk. It was over 1000 watts for espresso. I would think just for regular coffee on a small machine you would want at least a 1500 watt inverter. I guess I'll stick with the JetBoil.

I just put my Nespresso Pixie on the Kill A Watt EZ. Peak power consumption was 1134 but it only hit that in a couple of instances. Total power consumption to pull a shot from cold was not enough for it to register. According to the meter the cost was zero. But a word of warning: The pixie has the feature of hitting the pour button and it will start as soon as the machine is ready. When it automatically stops pouring I turned it off straight away (my normal practice anyway).

I will have this kit at the Desert Rendezvous if anyone wants to check it out.

morn_ca

I don't have one installed but I do use one while camping etc. It's a single cup unit to save on space, plugged into an inverter when there is no power. Wouldn't have it any other way.

edlaffoon, what model inverter do you use, I have recently attempted using my keurig with a 1500W modified sine wave inverter and it is overloading the inverter. I am not sure if the wattage is too high or if the inverter doesn't like the keurig?

Never tried any others than the Tassimo and Keurig, but I do have an answer on those ones. Both of them contain small induction motors that run the water pump and air compressor so you need to use a true sinewave inverter. Modified sinewave is just a squarewave that mimics sinewave and inductive motors hate them with a passion. For best operation an inverter of 2000 watts or more, true sinewave will run them perfectly with no issues.

4x4BNB

Adventurer
We use a Keurig mini in our Syncro. I have 176 ah of house battery and an 1800 watt modified sine wave inverter. If I remember correctly.... Keurig draws some 1475 watts peak to start and then settles at 400-500??
We like it but....we are switching to a hand grinder and coffee press....to save on power

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles