Sylvan Sport camping trailer

biskit

Adventurer
Now that is nice, could do to fit something like the top section on my trailer, thanks gent :coffee:

dejablu311

Observer
I really like this thing. I might have to go check this thing out in person. I don't suppose any one has any personal experience with this thing.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I really like this thing. I might have to go check this thing out in person. I don't suppose any one has any personal experience with this thing.
I've seen a couple of paddlers using them around here. Earthy fellas.
They liked them and were pulling them with cars.

The trailer looked home-built in person and sorta flimsy. Nice idea though; we had a thread on this trailer a few years ago.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/17562-Now-Here-is-an-quot-Outside-the-Box-quot-design
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/19411-Pop-up-or-overland-camping
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/18568-expo-trailer-with-motorcycle

Ibgreen

I checked one out at the local rv show earlier this year. Love the concept and thought put into the design. I have been thinking about building a lightweight trailer that was strong enough to haul my Yamaha grizzly atv to the coast and light enough to pull with the atv down the beach.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Really expensive for what you get. Look at the Lifetime tent trailer better built, better hauling ability half the cost. 890lbs our older model gets dragged by the 2.5L Outback 21mpg averages with out bikes on the roof 65-70mph.

Or go Jumping Jack original, they still sell them. Tent quality is second to non and the trailer can haul stuff. 1200lbs

I gave them a serious look before going with a Ruger trailer and a RTT. I really liked the design and flexibility overall, but what ultimately steered me away was the lack of lockable, dry storage and the lightweight tent, which is only rated for light rain and a maximum 30mph wind. That is an average breeze here on the Front Range.

johnpowellsc

I've spent many nights in a SylvanSport GO. Its wonderful to haul being light and although its not made for anything too crazy I did haul it the length of Lost Dollar Road in Telluride. I'm not a serious off roader and I drive a stock 4Runner. I would not take the camper rock crawling. I'm more of your dirt road explorer.

The tent is a Kelty family sized tent built specifically to fold up into the pod which is the top of the unit. I spent one super windy night in the tent and it was like being inside of a pumping heart! No issues with it other than just moving in the wind. This was in the mountains of NC and the wind was gusting to probably 40 mph.

Its built in Brevard NC and with the exception of the tent and a few pieces its all sourced in the USA. Hence, the price. I don't think you will find a better built camper trailer of its kind that also hauls a ton of boating, biking and camping gear. Its no Ruger but its not intended to be used like one but it will be far more durable off road than a typical pop-up.

I do the product photography for SylvanSport and have spent many weeks of my life in their camper. And, you can haul your lumber, ATV, garbage or anything else for which you normally use a utility trailer.

Sleeter

Wife and I pulled the trigger on a Sylvansport Go. When I saw it in person I was blown away by the quality. I have spent 10 nights in the Go and can say it is 1000 times better than a tent on the ground. When I compaired it in person to the other options it blew them out of the water in quality and functionality department. On paper there are close rivals but after looking at the options in person it was a easy decision, Sylvansport wins hands down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94