Finally pulled the trigger on a Power Wagon.

Wyocrawler

Observer
I lucked out and bought a brand new 2011 Power Wagon over the weekend. The local dealer (Fremont Motor Co.Rock Springs Wy.)had been sitting on it for some time and was going through a staff change (fired just about everyone last week lol). This company owns every ram dealer in Wyoming so I ended up dealing with the fellow in charge of all the state dealers, I believe his title was Network Manager. They then turned me over to their lead salesman Dennis Pirtle to finish the sale.
I must say that this dealer has had a rather bad reputation in our area of Wyoming. Which is way they are making the changes in staff. I have visited this dealer in the past and have always left with a bad taste in my mouth. That being said my buying experience was a complete pleasure.
I was out on Sunday morning to take my girls to get hair cuts and noticed people at the dealer and drove in just to abuse myself ( I had looked at this truck before and couldn't come to a deal with them, hit the old brick wall "it's a power wagon we can sell it for what ever we want"). Went in to try one last time, they where actually closed on Sunday but the new management staff was in setting up offices and so forth. I gave them my final low ball offer and talked briefly with the network manager gave them my # and left all in about 10 minutes. About 30 minutes later I got a call from Ken the network manager we haggled on the phone for about 15 minutes about my trades a 07 outback and my good old 98 ram 2500 24 valve ctd with 200 grand on the clock and plenty of battle scares. Very long story short at 7:30 Monday morning I went and picked up my new truck. The new sales manager and finance manager had stayed late on Sunday (their day off) to get the truck ready for delivery as I had to leave for work Monday at noon. I work out of town. These guys bent over backwards to get my business and make my wife and I feel like we where taken care of not taken atvantage of. Dennis, Ken and Justin went out of there way for us. In fact they have all called just to make sure my trip to work went well.
I'm sorry for being a little long winded just thought you folks might enjoy a story of a positive dealer experiance and I wanted to brag on my new truck a little bit. Lol. Gonna load the camper in her next off hitch and start getting ready for summer. Can't wait to take her to the mountains and give her a work out.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Congrats on the new ride. I think the "Tappa-talk" app will let you do that. I haven't bothered to get it yet so I can't post pics from the pad/phone either. Good thing the G5 and 'book are around...

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
Congrats Wyocrawler!

A Power Wagon is definitely the ONLY new full-size truck worth buying these days. Congrats!

On with the pictures.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
This sounds really great but, WHERE ARE THE PICS!:Wow1: Congratulations are in order, and also, welcome to the forum. Do I have to say, WE LOVE PICS!:ylsmoke:

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
i think i was behind your wife today in the power wagon. dark greenish color with some BFG all terrains in the back

Wyocrawler

Observer
Nope, mines blue and locked in the shop at my work in Casper lol. I probably won't be home from another week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne