Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EarthRoamer XV-HD is Announced

Quote Originally Posted by EMrider View Post
    IMHO the market for this rig are families or other groups of 4-6 who want extended off highway travel capability. If I were going to hit the road for a year with the entire family this would be on my list of potential vehicles, along with GXV's offerings.

My guess is that the XV-HD could go 85% to 90% of the places I have taken the SMB. Not bad given the extra space and comfort it would provide.

I hope this does well for ER.

R
    That's what I was thinking as well. I've got a family of five, so I've been looking for something bigger for a while or building something along the lines of Shachagra. Affordability will obviously be an issue, any idea what a ballpark price might be?

haven is offline Expedition Portal Moderator Expedition Leader
    The larger size makes the XV-HD appealing to new classes of buyers. Think oil and gas exploration teams, Forest Service fire commanders, Homeland Security.

There's a market among over the road haulers for a tow rig with more living space. Google "toterhome" for examples. These buyers wouldn't need the front drive axle or off-road tires, but certainly would be interested in the design, fit and finish of the camper. ER's willingness to build on any length of chassis will be a key selling point. Truckers would want to substitute Western Star or Peterbilt for the Ford chassis.

Quote Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
    That's what I was thinking as well. I've got a family of five, so I've been looking for something bigger for a while or building something along the lines of Shachagra. Affordability will obviously be an issue, any idea what a ballpark price might be?
    No facts, but I'd guess between 400-500k for everything depending on options chosen.

About for same price tag as a luxury diesel pusher motorhome.

R
    2006 Sportsmobile EB51 4x4, 6.0psd.
    2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited with some mods.
    2001 Honda xr400 dual sport.

I called in and talked with an Earthroamer rep and he said in the neighborhood of 6-800k depending on options....they are almost limitless it seems. I am saving my $$, I love it.

Default What is up with the pictures?

OK got a question about the pictures. So if you look at the picture that has the XV-LTS in front of the XV-HD, you see the large window behind the XV-LTS and the right side of the windows line up. If you look just above the cab of the XV-LTS, you can see where the cab of the XV-HD ends. It looks from that picture that there would be about 2 to 3 feet from the back of the cab to the start of the window on the XV-HD. Now if you go to EarthRoamer’s web page and click on the second picture of the XV-HD the window is very close to the rear of the Cab. So my question is: What picture is real or is it all Photoshop? I do like the size of the XV-HD... Now just need to get the funds!

haven is offline Expedition Portal Moderator Expedition Leader
    Bill Swails provided the photo I added to post #1 in this thread. It's a photoshop combination of two real photos. Bill adjusted it once based on feedback like the above. He says the photo accurately represents the size difference. If Bill now has a more accurate photo, he's welcome to post it.

Default XV-HD Interior

Quote Originally Posted by jgolden View Post
    The new rig looks sweet.
    Any interior photos or layout options?
    thanks
    The XV-HD is out of my price range, but I still like to look at it! I ran across this page today with a bunch of pictures of an interior layout:
    http://www.earthroamer.com/xv-hd/xv-...terior-layout/

xv-hd33_top2_std.jpg

Boy if it comes with all of those robots where are you supposed to sit?
    "Do you know what a soldier is, young man? He's the chap who makes it possible for civilized folk to despise war." -Allan Massie

Does anyone know when these will be available for sale?

Ok I will try and ask a fair question that wont cause too much animosity here. First off I would like to say that I am very impressed by Earthroamer and GXV's products. If I had that kind of disposable income I would certainly own one. However my question does come down to cost. The XV-HD hits the $600-800k range according to one of the above posts. I know how much a 4x4 F-650 costs new as I have priced them from local commercial truck lots. My question is this: Where on earth is the other half million dollars going? Really the profit margins on these must be staggering. The Shachagra build is a prime example as he posted what he has into his AMAZING rig and it is nowhere close to the ER or GXV. Not trying to start a war, just very curious.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast