RichardT's 95 Montero SR Build Thread

RichardT

Adventurer
GoLight install

Hey everyone, I just ordered and installed a new GoLight 2021 on my truck, and wanted to share some pics I took doing the install, in case anyone decides to tackle a similar project in the future.

One of the big annoyances was loosening the front of the headliner, not that difficult, but could be a little awkward at times, make sure to keep all your screws in a safe place, and be carefull when actually pulling the headliner from the windshield portion, there's a little foam piece up there that it's probably not a big deal if you tear, but I wanted to make sure I was gentle with it.
Go1.jpg

You'll have to remove the plastic cover portion of the A pillar to run the control wire.
Go2.jpg

Drill a hole in your roof (after careful measuring and eyeballing to make sure you'll end up in the right place)
Go3.jpg

I then used a Dremel to take the round hole and cut it in to a rectangle to fit the connector plug through (I'm just showing it here going from the top down to show the dimension in relation to the plug, but really, I ran it through from below using a guide wire.
Go4.jpg

I painted the area with primer to avoid any rust. I only had brown, but since it's covered by the light, and I'll be painting the truck later this summer, I wasn't worried about the color difference.
Go5.jpg

I then put a rubber grommet in the hole to protect the wire from chaffing, and placed silicone in the gap to avoid any moisture inadvertently getting in to the cab.
Go6.jpg
Go7.jpg
Go8.jpg

Here is where I attached the control switch, there was no need for a relay or anything, I just connected the power wire to my lighter/AC plug.
Go9.jpg

Finished product.
Go10.jpg

Last edited:

RichardT

Adventurer
GoLight install

A few more pictures showing the finished job, and a couple showing the light working at night, but to be honest, the pics don't do it justice, it's an awesome light. I plan on buying the floodlight lens they have for it as well, so that I can switch it from a spot to a flood, just by snapping the lens on. The light will rotate 370 degrees, and will move up and down 130 degrees, it's 400,000 lumens I think. It's not the only light I plan on getting, I still plan to mount a couple of flood lights, and a couple of fog lights to my bumper, I'll be doing that still over the summer.

Go11.jpg
Go12.jpg
Go13.jpg
Go14.jpg
Go15.jpg

pajeroxp

Observer
Satin black

Anyone like this paint job? This is satin black, and original sand/gold colour in gloss still.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    315.9 KB · Views: 50

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Carry the color line onto the shell with the very top & bottom half black and center section of the door the Sudan Beige (Mitsu name for that sand gold color).

BushPig

Observer
Can you tell us more about your OME lift? How do you like it? How does it compare to the stock setup? Any issues getting it aligned after the fact?

RichardT

Adventurer
Can you tell us more about your OME lift? How do you like it? How does it compare to the stock setup? Any issues getting it aligned after the fact?

Wow, sorry for the super late reply. The last couple of years, life has been immensely crazy, and I haven't been on here much. The lift is awesome, I absolutely love it. The front end is a bit stiff, but that can be expected with a good cranking on the torsion bars. When I first bought the truck, it had blown shocks in the rear, so I can't really compare it to how it would've felt when stock and working properly, but it was a HUGE change in the back for me, rode like night and day, even my wife commented on how much more comfortable it was.

RichardT

Adventurer
Really?? That's a bummer if true. I checked their website and it's down, but they still updated their FB page in March. I haven't spoken to them since I left SoCal in '13, maybe their site is just down? Those guys seemed to know their stuff pretty well, and as far as off-road shops go, they were unique I think in the area as they weren't about bogging in the desert or rock crawling, that was a part of it yes, but they were more about overlanding, which I liked. It'll be a loss of they really are gone.

Sent from my iPhone

fuzemagazine

Observer
Really?? That's a bummer if true. I checked their website and it's down, but they still updated their FB page in March. I haven't spoken to them since I left SoCal in '13, maybe their site is just down? Those guys seemed to know their stuff pretty well, and as far as off-road shops go, they were unique I think in the area as they weren't about bogging in the desert or rock crawling, that was a part of it yes, but they were more about overlanding, which I liked. It'll be a loss of they really are gone.

Sent from my iPhone

I hope that's the case. What's their FB???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles