JKJenn's Expedition Build Thread

JKJenn

Adventurer
Can you take the roof off or at least the t tops with the rack on?

You can remove all three portions. I have the optional sunroof insert (Front freedom panels) but all three are able to be removed. If you have a soft top, I highly recommend the Quick Disconnects so it can be tiled back quickly. I can;'t say enough good things about the rack.

tuff guy

Observer
Wow, that's awesome, do you by chance have any pics of the rack on with the roof off? Looks like a great product, jeep is looking good!

JKJenn

Adventurer
Wow, that's awesome, do you by chance have any pics of the rack on with the roof off? Looks like a great product, jeep is looking good!
Thanks!

Not yet, as we have have had more snow and rain since I installed than sun, but I will try to pop the freedom panels out this week and snag a couple along with the Gobi ARB mounts.

m(a)ce

Adventurer
Sorry I missed this last week, Matt. It was a crazy week. I will take a couple shots tomorrow. The Gobi mount seems solid and the ARB awning was an easy mount with all of the hardware included necessary to fit into the Gobi mount.

Hey Jenn - no worries! I totally understand crazy weeks! Thank you in advance. :)

I was asking because on JKO one of the vendors was selling a ARB awning mount and that was first I saw anything regarding needing additional hardware.

It will be interesting to compare the mounts.

JKJenn

Adventurer
Here are couple of close-ups of the Gobi ARB Awning mount:

IMG_7951 small small.jpgIMG_7957 small small.jpg

And the JK without the Freedom Panels:

IMG_7969 small small.jpg

And a couple of the latest with the tires, lift, and rack:
IMG_7977-Edit small small.jpgIMG_7996_HDR small small.jpg

Last edited:

cshontz

Supporting Sponsor
Killer bokeh on the bracket. Nailed the focus, didn't you? Now you're just showing off after the mundane cell phone pics. ;)

JKJenn

Adventurer
Killer bokeh on the bracket. Nailed the focus, didn't you? Now you're just showing off after the mundane cell phone pics. ;)

Shooting mostly landscape, I rarely get a chance to shoot at F/1.4 ;) It's fun once in a while.

Put the AEV Geometry Correction brackets on today. Holy cow, those control arm bolts are killers. I wonder if I will be able to move tomorrow? A friend helped me out or I couldn't have done the final torquing. Only drove a quick drive to the grocery store so I didn't have a chance to give it a real test, but it sure seemed easier to handle on that short drive. Thanks for the strong recommendation, JPK.

JKJenn

Adventurer
Had the front bumper (Rugged Ridge XHD) installed on Friday (I needed a break and let a shop do it - for a reasonable price) and the winch (Warn (m8000) on Friday. Oddly enough, Warn does not include a mounting plate for the solenoid box so it is temporarily connected to the bumper hoop and a plate is on order. I would like to get some flex tubing for the wires, too. Cell phone photo for now because the Sheetz parking lot was not worthy of pulling out the real camera.

hdr_00402_0.jpg

HOOLIGAN

The 4x4 Podcast
Looks great! The Gobi rack hinges to put the top down or take the freedom panels off, right? Does it rattle?

JKJenn

Adventurer
Looks great! The Gobi rack hinges to put the top down or take the freedom panels off, right? Does it rattle?

Thanks!

It does hinge, but it takes a little effort if you don't have the quick disconnects. You do not need to lift the rack to remove the freedom panels or hardtop. If you have the sunroof insert, you will need to remove it to remove the freedom panels.

I hear not rattle whatsoever and the wind noise is very low with the new wind defelctor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94